Hilton Head

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to a guy who could have bought ocean front lots there back in the 60s for 6500 a pop and he said he just did not think it would be wise at the time. Yes,he hung his head when he said that.

JT

Mar 14, 2005
Johns Island, South Carolina
Stonewall, send a pm to RGecy. He's from that neck of the woods, and I believe works on Hilton Head.

He may correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're ok detecting as long as you're on the beach.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 60's i used to do alot of clam digging out on the flats,never dug up anything but clams.

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
Not sure what type of detecting you had in mind. Since you are addressing the Shipwreck forum you might want to read this link: http://www.cas.sc.edu/sciaa/mrd/scuaa_summ.html

SC stiffened it's laws last summer basically making it illegal to dig historical items from public lands and private property without the land owner's permission. So if you plan on beach hunting don't forget to gently return those precious artifacts back in to the sand. ::)

Hilton Head already had ordinances in place prior to the latest SC law about metal detecting so I pretty much stayed away rather than have a outing ruined by a misunderstanding of the laws of the township.

I'm sure Robert Gecy likely has a better read on Hilton head than I do.

aloysiusinfla

Jun 6, 2011
Interesting. The link addresses submerged artifacts only..Florida has a similar law.

Me? I'm interested in searching Daufuskie beaches for..uh..lost Rolex watches of recent vintage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread