Hit a Ballfield in Yonkers, with Plazz58 - A little Silver & Cool Artifact!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This morning Plazz58 - AKA, Anthony, and I were is Short Sleeves in Yonkers, NY, in November! What a beautiful day! We hit a ballfield that has been in use since at least the 1940s, that sits between a High School and Grade School. We were at it about three-and-a-half hours before I had to sit down and shake out my swinging arm. This getting old thing is definitely NOT for kids!:laughing7:

I scored two pieces of silver, and a very cool - and old, Massachusetts State spoon? Anthony may have found part of a shoe buckle, but you buckle experts need to look at that. It was a great time in the sunshine with a good buddy, and my trusty Minelab Vanquish 540.

Attachments

• aa1.JPG
    aa1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • aa3.JPG
    aa3.JPG
    648.2 KB · Views: 48
  • aa4.JPG
    aa4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • aa2.JPG
    aa2.JPG
    594.9 KB · Views: 83
  • aa6.JPG
    aa6.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • aa7.JPG
    aa7.JPG
    538.3 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 29

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman, nice hunt, do you prefer the vanquish over the equinox on land

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My beach hunting guru on Long Island, Joe P.:skullflag:, just called me to tell me I found a Pandora ring! I bent it back into what it's supposed to look like! Way Cool Joe - Thank You!:hello2::hello2:

Attachments

• P1090655.JPG
    P1090655.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 34
  • P1090654.JPG
    P1090654.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • P1090653.JPG
    P1090653.JPG
    846.5 KB · Views: 36
  • P1090652.JPG
    P1090652.JPG
    726.9 KB · Views: 38
  • P1090651.JPG
    P1090651.JPG
    829.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry Soloman, nice hunt, do you prefer the vanquish over the equinox on land

Honestly no. The Equinox is next level compared to the Vanquish. Keith Leppert asked me to use the Vanquish 540 and rate it as an "Entry Level," "Multi-Environment," detector. I have probably 300-hours on it now, in saltwater; freshwater; dirt; sand; woods; parks; hot; cold; night; and day. The Vanquish 540 Pro can go deep like the Equinox, but cannot separate as fast, or identify as accurately as the Equinox. The Garrett Apex is the main competition for the Vanquish. Both are entry level Multi-frequency machines.

terrafirma

Sep 9, 2020
new england
Detector(s) used
SE PRO, Safari, Excalibur II, Garrett gold scorpion, Whites PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman..Thanks I truly enjoy your videos and You always have The ability to show and explain the hunts from start to finish which is not easy to do,,Keep up the good work and I hope I can make a video someday too,,

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and now I know what a Pandora ring is! You guys definitely earned it digging out all that trash...

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds you two! Thanks for sharing!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff Terry.

The Massachusetts spoon is by Oneida Community:

Oneida.jpg

The pattern date isn't known for sure but would have to be after 1881 (when Oneida obtained their first patterns) and more likely after 1902 when the Community Plate range was revamped. Certainly they were still making them in the 1930s. The one I show above is marked 'Oneida' on the back but they operated with a dozen or more brand names, so other marks may well be possible.

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool stuff Terry.

The Massachusetts spoon is by Oneida Community:

View attachment 1877185

The pattern date isn't known for sure but would have to be after 1881 (when Oneida obtained their first patterns) and more likely after 1902 when the Community Plate range was revamped. Certainly they were still making them in the 1930s. The one I show above is marked 'Oneida' on the back but they operated with a dozen or more brand names, so other marks may well be possible.

Thank you so much for the info on this Red-Coat!:occasion14:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Terry,
From 1942 to 1950, I lived relatively close to you. More specifically, at '1 Field End Lane', Eastchester. Googling that address will show a green area to the left of the building. There, we kids would play marbles and Mumblety-peg. .(Youngins' will have to look that one up.) That later game would probably be outlawed today. Behind that address is a large green area that was used as a playfield for the kids. The project was built in the 30s and that area, I believe, has always been the play area for kids. Further back from the building was a 'war garden' an area divided into small plots where tenants could grow their own vegetables and fruits during WW II.
There is another area I would MD if I were there. Between where Field End Lane begins and Eastchester HS is a grown over area where I once found a boulder filled with garnets. My buddies and I would bring hammers, screwdrivers and Mason jars to the rock and chip out the garnets. The boulder may be gone today, but the area, as seen by Google, is still undeveloped and may hold some goodies dropped by kids going to play at EHS.
HH,
Don......

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great leads! Thank you Don!:occasion14:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Terry,
Here's two more. The lake at Lake Isle Country Club (Lake Issisfree, Reservoir #1) in Eastchester has been there for at least 80 years. The pic below could have been taken yesterday or 80 years ago. The grassy area has always been used by bathers and for families bringing food to the beach. Within the shallow area, there is a restricted area for kiddies; and in that area a young woman lost her diamond wedding ring. After a couple of days searching, it was never found--and that was years ago. I have no idea if anyone has been over that area (land and water) with a MD.
:

HH,
Don....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread