Hit A New Soccer Field, Hangover And All

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Woke up this morning still recovering from from my trip to the coast. I didn't want to go to a field I had already hit before, so I headed over to this one I have had my eye on for a long time. I've never hit it because it's in a private neighborhood, and every time I start to do anything in one of those, someone from the Home Owners Association runs me off. But this morning I was not going to let that stop me, and besides, no one had ever run me out of this one. Everything went great. Not one person said a thing to me about being there, they didn't even pay any attention to me. The morning ended with a nice little pile of clad, a 1993 McNiel High School FOB, a little wire heart ring, a heart pendent, and a heavy large sterling ring. It was my first signal of the morning, so that really set me off. There are two fields at this place, and since no one seemed to care this morning, I think I'll hit the second field in the morning. I found more than I expected because these are not playing fields. They use these strictly for kids practice, no adults allowed to play on these fields. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Attachments

• SOCCER FIELD1 AM.jpg
    SOCCER FIELD1 AM.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 528
  • soccer field AM.JPG
    soccer field AM.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 517
  • soccer field AM2.JPG
    soccer field AM2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 532
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul. Very nice silver ring. Looks like a big sucker!
Congrats,
MM

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew you'd find another ring soon, nice going! Is the ring a spinner ring? I found a spinner earlier this year and that one looks alot like one I dug up.

HH,
Nat

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Natman said:
I knew you'd find another ring soon, nice going! Is the ring a spinner ring? I found a spinner earlier this year and that one looks alot like one I dug up.

HH,
Nat

It's not a spinner. It's solid and weighs 12 grams. One of the heavier ones I've found this year.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Looks like a productive site!! Are the signals deep or basically surface finds?

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Jack(IN) said:
Looks like a productive site!! Are the signals deep or basically surface finds?

All of this was within a couple of inches deep. Doing these fields I don't go after the deep signals because you don't even want people to think you are digging up the fields. If I can hear it with my Sun Ray pinpointer, I will pry it out, or make a hole big enough to get my finger in, and using my probe and finger get it out without any damage at all to the field.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Top notch digs pigman. You must have a nice treasure chest.

HH and thanks for sharing.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG piggmam ! very nice finds and goodluck to you tommorow i hope you find some great stuff ;)

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Piggman. 19 quarters is a good day....and silver too.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all that loot and that nice silver PM----A good hunt .

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent... but I wouldn't expect less from you...your a pro at it Dave... I would love to see all your sterling jewelry thou... as I am a sterling freak... small bangles I adore.... since I have such a small wrist..and they are hard to come by... so its show off time man, show us the awesome silver ya found...and curious..but do ya sell your finds? inquiry minds wanna know...MINE.....

HH rae

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
bootybay said:
excellent... but I wouldn't expect less from you...your a pro at it Dave... I would love to see all your sterling jewelry thou... as I am a sterling freak... small bangles I adore.... since I have such a small wrist..and they are hard to come by... so its show off time man, show us the awesome silver ya found...and curious..but do ya sell your finds? inquiry minds wanna know...MINE.....

HH rae

May give some away, but I don't ever sell it. I'm going to hide it all in a chest, make a fake map, and when I die there will be one of those treasue tales that will last for centuries. Just like the other lost treasures.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Pretty good batch of clad ya got there Dave. Nice ring too...I knew you wouldn't go too long without finding one. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread