Hit a spot I drive by every day...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
just a small town with a tiny park. Have to say the guy I talked to has cleaned it out. Every coin I found except a dime recently lost hit the seven or deeper range. The guy said he's hunted this park for about 15 years using the detector he bought in the 80's. I finished the day with 19 coins totaling $1.17. Coins were:
1 clad quarter
7 clad dimes
1 War Nickel(1945-P)
1 clad nickel(1941)
3 Buffalo Nickels(no dates)
3 mems
4 wheats(30's/40's)
1 old bullett

Attachments

• Detect0317.jpg
    Detect0317.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!! Nice finds.WTG!!

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
I love to talk to those guys who tell you they have hunted the place out, and then turn right around and find some good stuff.

I always look around to find some of the harder areas to detect. I get right into the bushes and come out with some goodies more times than not.

I went to an old school once that I knew had been hit constantly over the years. The playground was large, with most of the swings and other equipment on one side, and a big open area on the other. I stood there thinking, "Where would most detectorists start their search"? I figured most of us would work around all the equipment,( behind the swings, under the monkey bars, etc. ). I then looked to the other side of the field and saw a row of scraggily lilac bushes running along the fenceline. I went over there and jumped in. I had to clean out alot of cans, foil, mylar chip bags, etc. I also recovered several mercs and silver roosies, a couple silver washingtons, and 1 good Walking half.

Oh well! Long and drawn out, but I hope it helps give everyone something to think about.

Congrats on your finds!!...........HH

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I know what you mean..

He really did a good job, cleaned out most of the shallow coins, but he said he has found over 50 silvers there. I know anything deep he's not touching and I have more to grid. I'm sure there is silver hiding there and next hit I'll pull some more goodies out. One thing I've got to say, not a single zinc cent!!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You came out of there with some nice ones. Way to go!!!....The last time someone told me they had hunted a place out I was getting my detector out of the car and a guy walked up with his detector and was about to leave. He said I hit that ball field pretty hard and I think there's nothing left. I have been looking this field pretty regular and it's pretty much cleaned out. I said well I've driven all this way so I guess I'll try it for a little bit. I found a nice 10K mothers ring about 20 minutes later right in the middle of the field. No place is ever looked out. But it does get tougher to find the goodies. I hope you find a bunch there. Have a good one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread