Hit the "Hunted Out" park again today!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last time I was here I found a mercury dime. Went out for a short hunt,and I have to say the area is getting "thin" on coins.:laughing7: I ran the deep program and dug some pennys,quarters,dimes anywhere from 4 -7 inches,in the bone dry soil! I got another faint signal,and circled it. It was consistant ,with just a sliver of black showing on the horseshoe,No TID. Dug down to about 7-8 inches and caught a flash of silver in the bottom of the hole. Called my friend over and gently moved the dirt away from the coin. It was a 1946 Rosie :thumbsup: That's the second Silver Dime, in two hunts at this location,that's supposed to be "hunted out"! I'm lovi'n this deep program I also dug another Canadian Penny! #4 out of this area!
00121_zpsfd72c177.jpg
00415_zps89449f3a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the "Hunted out" Park this morning before it got too hot. Hunted for about 1 hour,and the "picki'ns" are getting slim!:laughing7: Didn't find a single quarter,but found another Silver Dime. A 1953 Rosie!:occasion14: That's three silver dimes in three days!
adimeaday_zpsa547df05.jpg
1953Rosie_zps6811f39d.jpg

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds RKS, I like how you placed your 53 dime in the paper towel for effect.
I've had to trade the cool mornings detecting for a home improvement project.
Although I could pay someone to do it, I've always found that if I want the work done right I have to do it myself.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds RKS, I like how you placed your 53 dime in the paper towel for effect.
I've had to trade the cool mornings detecting for a home improvement project.
Although I could pay someone to do it, I've always found that if I want the work done right I have to do it myself.
I know "exactly" what you are saying!:thumbsup: I've had good contractors,and bad ones! If it's a job I know how to do,I'll do it myself,most of the time!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds rk I hit a rather old park yesterday probly a good 4 hours got $3.76 in clad one was a 42, quarter wasnt to deep I beleive 6" or so but sounded awesome

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds rk I hit a rather old park yesterday probly a good 4 hours got $3.76 in clad one was a 42, quarter wasnt to deep I beleive 6" or so but sounded awesome
I've only found 1 silver quarter,a 1964! But I keep looki'n!:thumbsup:

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, you just gotta hate those hunted out spots! :) keep up the good work

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, you just gotta hate those hunted out spots! :) keep up the good work
Yeah,the coin count is going down,but the silver average is going up!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got that right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions