hit the jack POT!

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
i hunt this 7 acre island in a creek (named) river not far from home. it was once a villiage park, late 1800s, 1900s until about 1960. the foot bridge went to heck and dumped a bunch of people in the river. end of park. i wade about 150' feet, dragging a rope for safety both ways. once i went with no rope and the river came up because they shut the power plant 20 miles up stream. i waited 6 hours for the water to drop. nice nap! well, anyhow, they had picnics, camping, firepits,soft ball field,pavillion,barbies, a lot. anyhow again, it is all woods now. i was plowing thru brush and lo and behold, a pot patch! i gently backed away and hunted farther a way. could be booby traps or a guy with a gun. it's there every summer. i fly low over it and there it is . what to do with that?

mellowcheddar

Aug 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
  Ah, flyinguy, we meet again.
  If it's just a few plants, 2-12, it's just someone growing for themselves. Leave it alone. I don't consider the wacky tobaccey as bad as some others might, but to each their own.
  Just don't mess with the weed. I would suggest staying off the place until fall when everything's dead though. Nobody's going to give a fig about you being there when the pot's not there.
  HH
~mellowcheddar~

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Wait untill it gets good buds, but not too long as bud rot sets in. Pull the plants, roots and all, and hang to dry upside down. After that strip off all the buds. You can discard the rest of the plant, unless you want to make hash, then you need to save all the leaves.
Just kidding; I'd do the don't ask and don't tell thing.

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
Maybe light a fire to keep warm?? If ya dont keep warm or find anything at least you will go home happy still.

P

pickaway

Could be wild hemp plants also, they grow pretty much everywhere.
I'd just leave em be. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
flyinguy

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
i think you are all right. except wild don't cultivate and stake it self around here. hey, it's been a few years and i haven't got shot yet. probably an old school pal. i don't care about the wild wood weed but i am concerned about my safety. oh, heck, i'll take my ruger 9mm with me!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ranger told us there is a reward for finding pot but i just leave the area real fast :wink:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
well if it only a small patch it could be for his own use, if it is a little bigger than yeah you might want to be careful. I have seen some booby trapped pretty good

In Hawaii they tell you to stay on the posted and marked paths hiking cause taking a path off the course could take you to a "field" of which there might be no return. Many a hiker as vanished off the face of the earth in the mountains where "fields" are known to be hidden.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
If it was me i would forget i was ever there, Now a days these bad guys dont play to lose

They come after your family and will not stop untill the damage is done, I t might be nothing to worry about buy why take the chance.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
You should report it to the police so they can remove them. Sometimes they will give you a tip for helping them.

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
flyinguy said:
i hunt this 7 acre island in a creek (named) river not far from home. it was once a villiage park, late 1800s, 1900s until about 1960. the foot bridge went to heck and dumped a bunch of people in the river. end of park. i wade about 150' feet, dragging a rope for safety both ways. once i went with no rope and the river came up because they shut the power plant 20 miles up stream. i waited 6 hours for the water to drop. nice nap! well, anyhow, they had picnics, camping, firepits,soft ball field,pavillion,barbies, a lot. anyhow again, it is all woods now. i was plowing thru brush and lo and behold, a pot patch! i gently backed away and hunted farther a way. could be booby traps or a guy with a gun. it's there every summer. i fly low over it and there it is . what to do with that?
the right thing to do would be,provide me some dirrections to the site,Ill come on down with the proper digging tools errr I mean the proper authorities to dispose of such sinfullness,,,hehe

roundhat

Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
depending on the state ... usually more than 5 plants is a felony. you might want to turn it in to the police.... just in case it is under surveillance... you would hate for them to pay you a visit at home and be on an episode of cops... lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions