hit the local park again

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
went to a youth area in the back of the park behind my house. so much ground to cover. found 2 junk rings and a junk bracelet yesturday. sorry no pics of those. went back today found 3 more rings and about 4.00 in change total for both days. the ring with the stones on it (which looks like some kind of opal)says on the inside 18 KT HGE (?). it really looks like gold plated to me. while i was cleaning off the dirt i noticed some flaking coming off onto my fingers. the stones look real though. translucent color.? the little gold ring with the twist on it looks like gold but has no stamp on it. the other is junk. also found a pair of p.o.w. earrings. anyway im getting closer to finding the good stuff.
wickhamparkyoutharea.jpg

wpyoutharea.jpg

3rings.jpg

ringsandearringsandaustrailiancoin.jpg

coinsandrings.jpg

Upvote 0

izzitcat

May 13, 2008
Louisville,Ky.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger/White's Classic5ID
HGE means heavy gold electroplate. Whether or not the stones are real is a toss up a jeweler can tell you. I'd say probly not.

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
P.O.W. earrings? That's the most random theme i have ever seen.

I miss the Treasure Coast.

Can you detect in the intercoastal without problems?
I always wanted to but never made it.
The wife and I lived in Vero Beach for about six months.

Nice finds.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, your on the FS forum aren't ya?

OP
OP
antlr-king

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
ya i am on the FS forum also. not to much to post this past hunting season though. it was a bust for me. first time in a long time. oh well....if the weather gets better and the seas are at reasonable size maybe ill be able to get offshore and post some nice catches.
232323232fp533_2_nu3388_37_5__WSNRC.jpg

232323232fp53692_nu3388_37_5__WSNRC.jpg

232323232fp53652_nu3388_37_5__WSNRC.jpg

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Though the ring is EP there is a chance that the stones are real (if they are opals). They might be a cheaper version of a solid stone - triplets or doublets - the thinner layers of stones combined with artificial materials. They use them in cheaper jewellery like sterling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread