Hit the local park today but got ran off.

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to hit two baseball outfields before a maintenance guy told me it's a state park and I couldn't hunt there. I thought it was a city park , so I'll look it up. Lots of trash , but even more coins ! Just nothing very old. Did manage one ring , but as Luck would have it , it is plated crap. Still fun to find though ! Thanks for looking ! GL + HH ! 20171003_161306.jpg 20171003_164010.jpg 20171003_161228.jpg 20171003_164010.jpg 20171003_161208.jpg 20171003_161148.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Upvote 17

DigginDave94

Apr 15, 2017
Dixon IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of those damn park workers have nothing better to do for real.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
sweet finds there is always somebody thinking your messing up the park or somebody else didn't fill there holes in

OP
OP
FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked it up and it's a City park. So I sent a couple of emails asking about rules and regulations. I'll probably call the office tomorrow. They're closed for the day already.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got out. I have a good rapport with the city workers here. Working those grey areas can result in being asked to leave. Far as Im concerned a ring is a ring, good find.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next time bring a back hoe! :laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked it up and it's a City park. So I sent a couple of emails asking about rules and regulations. I'll probably call the office tomorrow. They're closed for the day already.

Print it out and carry it with you. If you run in to him again, show it to him and ask him if he's been working at the wrong park all these years. Sometimes you just gotta have fun with it!

Hang on a bit! I'm sure Sheldon er ahh Tom in Ca will be along with his ten page dissertation on the subject..... :laughing7:
tongue3.gif
tongue3.gif

OP
OP
FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a reply to my email. The guy says it's a city Park that leases the land from the state , and therefore has to follow the state's regulations. It says something like no soil can be overturned, and nothing can be removed. Oh well , I'll give em that one. On to the next place !

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man that is a crying shame.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does happen. He was probably a hobbyist, and you took his spot ! Nice ring find.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sports parks

Got a reply to my email. The guy says it's a city Park that leases the land from the state , and therefore has to follow the state's regulations. It says something like no soil can be overturned, and nothing can be removed. Oh well , I'll give em that one. On to the next place !

From my Sports Park experiences most of the areas are ok but when you step foot on a baseball field, soccer field, football field they get nasty in a hurry. sidelines are usually ok but don't even attempt to go on an active playing field. Just my opinion. Of course always know the county city and state laws before you go.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread