Hit The Silver Trifecta on a killer hunt with OldDude Today!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey guys, got out with Dave again today for what we thought may be a marathon day of permission seeking, 1st house we knocked on we got a yes, we almost drove away until we saw the guy come to the door, real nice guy who gave us rockstar access to the property, a very big property! He mentioned in the one corner of his property sat a 17-1800s home and barn so yeah we will be searching for that baby in the near future!

I started off a bit slower than dave, he nailed a good wheat spill with a little silver as the icing on the cake!, few minutes later he shows me this big honking 10K class ring from 1970, I was shocked at how heavy it is!! 20150430_101342.jpg

finally I hit my 1st wheat about 1.5 hrs into the hunt, then rescanned and wheat 2, then again and number 3, then 4 and 5, I was happy with a 5 wheat spill!!
about half hour later I got a nice high tone, and about 5-6 inches down got the 46 roosie!:headbang:, roosevelt.jpg stood up, rescanned w the etrac and another high tone!!

no say it aint so!, a silver spill!!! 1937 Merc!! merc.jpg

managed a few more wheats and this cool suspenders clip w a patent date of 1856 at about 2 inches down! 20150430_173326.jpg , also got a nice little pile of clad before we left to go search for another site, 20150430_113427.jpg we were looking for a while and I remembered we weren't that far from a place where I snagged a Cent Trifecta last year so we gave it a whirl. Hardly any targets here but I did manage a faint squeaker at about 8 inches down 1902 O Barber Dime!!!:headbang: barber.jpg 20150430_145015.jpg 20150430_144035.jpg First ever silver trifecta complete!! barber.jpg 20150430_173211.jpg I cant believe I got a O mintmark!!, trif1.jpg trif2.jpg only managed 1 more wheat there and the usual trash. 20150430_153704.jpg 20150430_153636.jpg

This is where the story gets cool. I remembered that large cent from last year and mentioned to the owner that I want to mail it to him since I found it on his property, im mailing it because hes so far from my house, he gladly gave me his address and seemed very happy to have it so its going in the mail tomorrow morning! we got to chatting about detecting and the guy brings out some of his finds from over 30 years ago, a 1927 English penny and this sucker!!, 20150430_145442.jpg 20150430_145446.jpg man I never thought id hold one of these!, I asked the guy if he realized how significant that was and he was like "ehh" lol!! funny that he found it very close to where I found my civil war Eagle "I" button a few weeks ago!, however I would have NEVER cleaned it, but it is still pretty darn sweet!

take.jpg 20150430_173449.jpg
So we left after that and we both killed it today with finds, all in all a GREAT hunt, cant wait to get back out!
Thanks for looking and hh!!

Upvote 18

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit The Silver Trifecta ok a killer hunt with OldDude Today!!!

I think we both had a good day. Best thing though is the new permission that may give us a 1700's house and barn! You nailed that trifecta down with authority. If you don't mind, I will add another pic from that last place.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430444234.634922.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we both had a good day. Best thing though is the new permission that may give us a 1700's house and barn! You nailed that trifecta down with authority. If you don't mind, I will add another pic from that last place.
View attachment 1155141
oh yeah im glad you put that in, that's what drew me into this place in the first place!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap! Man you nailed it today, congrats on the trifecta! I love all those digs, and nice to get the 1902 'o' Barber.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a great day out for you two, well done.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap! Man you nailed it today, congrats on the trifecta! I love all those digs, and nice to get the 1902 'o' Barber.
Thanks JC, I didn't think id ever get a O mintmark up here lol!

Looks like a great day out for you two, well done.
Thanks Pepper, it was one of our better ones in a while, plus we likely have access to an old
homestead that sits on the property, that's the real find for me

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys both killed it today!!

A BIG Congrats on the dime trifecta!! I had my best chance at one and couldn't find a Rosie. It's not like I have to many Barbers (2) to my credit so it might be awhile before I get a dime trifecta.
A Sweet wheat spill too.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great looking Barber buddy. I truly hope you guys get into some colonial stuff on that property. I know digging and silvers is awesome but the feeling of pulling out 250 year old coins and relics is pretty hard to describe if you love this stuff like we do. It's just a whole different ball game knowing that the next high tone could be a shoe buckle or a GW or a Spanish silver. Good luck fellas. I'm rooting for you boys

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great looking Barber buddy. I truly hope you guys get into some colonial stuff on that property. I know digging and silvers is awesome but the feeling of pulling out 250 year old coins and relics is pretty hard to describe if you love this stuff like we do. It's just a whole different ball game knowing that the next high tone could be a shoe buckle or a GW or a Spanish silver. Good luck fellas. I'm rooting for you boys

Thanks abe! Im optimistic on the site, well see, and yeah I know what ya mean about the colonial stuff, todays finds were great and all but I really want that old old stuff, the colonial goods!! Last year on a few hunts with George I was literally frantic at times because each target had the potential to be WAY older than anything im capable of finding back home, Were hoping to hit it next week I think!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Abe, we are really hoping to get Nepa-Will on this site. He has been a huge help and very generous with his sites. He's yet to find an LC or a flat button he says, so Chris and I are on a mission! We should be able to do both there.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The dime trifecta is still on my list. I have come close. Seems like I can get a Rosy and a Mercury and then go back to the same place later and find a Barber, but not all at one time.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really good finds, and no I don't care about the ring, (even though I've not found a gold(class ring) one yet) as you never mentioned finding the owner.
Seems like like you had a FABLULOUS day.
Gotta love nice property owners.
I'm hoping to find one tomorrow.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say a Banner day..Nice Gold! nd Silvers!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe, we are really hoping to get Nepa-Will on this site. He has been a huge help and very generous with his sites. He's yet to find an LC or a flat button he says, so Chris and I are on a mission! We should be able to do both there.

That cool guys. Share with the people that have been generous with you. That kind of thinking will result in some real good karma. I'll be waiting to see

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dime trifecta is still on my list. I have come close. Seems like I can get a Rosy and a Mercury and then go back to the same place later and find a Barber, but not all at one time.
Thanks! the closest ive come to a trifecta was last year around the same time, I got 2 barbers and a seated, no roosie or merc though:dontknow:

That cool guys. Share with the people that have been generous with you. That kind of thinking will result in some real good karma. I'll be waiting to see
Thanks Abe!, we have been lacking in sites that we were able to go to time and time again, now that we have finally found one, especially one with the potential this one may have, its an obvious decision to pay it forward to will, like dave said, hes helped both of us w/ research and even brought us to a honeyhole site of his!

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt and Congrats on your first "O" mint! You guys had a killer day. Oh yeah. I forgot to thank you for rubbing it in with the pic texts while I was broke down on the side of the highway. :tongue3:

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an awesome outing and nice pics and post!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread