Hit the W Park per the tips I got at BWW.

Nick T

Aug 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
I use a Teknetics Omega 8000 w/11DD and 10con , a Fisher CZ-70 pro , teknetics pinpointer.
Thought I'd take the day off and hunt. First I hit the construction parkways. Seems you guys cleaned them out pretty well! :icon_pirat:

Then hit the park. I went with the smaller coil as opposed to the 11"DD. I did get some good readings. I wasn't completely skunked. Clad= quarter, 3 dimes, 1 nickel and 3 penny's. But at least one of the pennies was a 1958 D Wheat.

Still no silver, but I had fun!

Nick

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome nick, what kind of treasure you like looking for? clad and jewelery? older coins, relics etc.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Alright Nick. If you're getting out tomorrow early on in the day let me know! Are you using both rigs? I think the CZ-70 has some good application possibilities in a nearby area.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Nick!! Parkways maybe cleaned up but not cleaned out, just harder to find. DFW

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Nice going Nick!! Parkways maybe cleaned up but not cleaned out, just harder to find. DFW

There is a TON of good stuff still left out there :wink:

Ask Tim to tell you the story about that silver Ben in the parkway ::)

(Am I my bad ;D)

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice digs Nick! I used to scoff at everyone who told me "it ain't ever hunted out", because, in theory, every location CAN BE hunted out. However, I have yet to find a spot that has totally given up on me. I have places that I don't go to that much, because they are relatively dry, but I know for sure they still hold the good stuff. Kermit recently pulled a silver half from a field that we, along with hundreds of other hunters over a span of 20 or 30 years, have pounded. And like I told Kermit, if a half can still be found, you know damn well there are dimes and wheaties. Sometimes, I even surprise myself.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions