Hitting FL gold coast in two weeks...

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
would love suggestions on best beaches to hit. Hubby and I are used to doing parks and fields in upstate NY so this will be our first beach adventure. any tips or research you suggest besides reading tips around the forum would be much appreciated. we are flying in to JAX and driving south on the east coast. Hit me with your best tips! also should we just pack our detectors in our check in baggage between our clothes without batteries? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You didn't mention which detectors so I assume they are land units. With those you'll do okay in the dry sand at what ever beach you hit. If you venture onto the wet sands or near the water you will find them unstable because they only run on one freq. As for packing them, I would only carry them and not trust delicate electronics to the baggage handlers. Suggest you read this post http://web.archive.org/web/20080202045558/http://thegoldenolde.com/

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good-Luck.gif

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few months ago the County had about 15' of sand dumped on the treasure beaches as a renourishment project.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go as far south as Vero Beach I highly recommend the McLarity Treasure Museum on A1A which is built on top of the site of the Spanish Salvage Camp area used after the 1715 Fleet that was destroyed in a hurricane while traveling overloaded with treasure from the New World and Asia returning to Spain. OK to hunt the dry portions of the beaches here but in the water it is illegal and punishable by law, as the shipwrecks lay just a few feet offshore on the reefs there. The sand is high in summer, though you might find something nice up close to the dunes, but don't dig in the dunes either as that is also punishable by law. So, between the water and the dunes is OK and you keep anything you find. Check any cuts out during low tide & best of luck if you decide to detect in this area. The Fleet went down from Sebastian Inlet to Fort Pierce. Their cargo was scattered everywhere over the years with subsequent storms and wave action by Mother Nature and treasure items can turn up anywhere. It's known as the Treasure Coast for that reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions