Hitting the Coil, but what should I do about this??

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess it would get on a mans nerves. Seldom had it happen but I don't hunt in town very often. Lots of kids come to see what you are finding and can get on your nerves even if you love kids. .....Guess it is a simple as you can't fix stupid. Let them show their :censored: and hunt on. Some silly laws say you fire shots in their direction or even bust em in the head with your digger. ....Go figure.:angry5:

MrSchulz said:
I'm doing a sidewalk ---> Curb tear out along boulevards for about 5 blocks. It's on the main street of town. Constantly having to put up with people yelling stupid things from there window (mainly highschoolers). Any advice besides the flip them off technique?

I can't believe I just read this. Oh we'll now that I did you could ignore them.

I guess it would get on a mans nerves. Seldom had it happen but I don't hunt in town very often. Lots of kids come to see what you are finding and can get on your nerves even if you love kids. .....Guess it is a simple as you can't fix stupid. Let them show their :censored: and hunt on. Some silly laws say you fire shots in their direction or even bust em in the head with your digger. ....Go figure.:angry5:

I'll keep my headphones on and tune them out. Not really caring about there idiotness.

I wear a Tee-shirt that says, "I'm Looking For Jimmie Hoffa!"

Can't believe you are reading either.....without help........Gotcha:violent1:

:wav:

Still my hero ticm

Look... I already know that you are younger than most here, so here's my advise (Please read disclaimer below too:icon_thumright:)

Be confrontational, man up young buck... Ask in a loud and threatening voice... Do you know who I am!!!!!!

When they say no....

You say... Good, let's keep it that way

Then you could either flip the bird, or egg them and run like the wind :laughing7:

New found respect for Spartacus53 :evil6:

when im wearing my camouflage jacket i notice ppl don't mess with me .I holed my shovel like im going to kill someone :violent1:.. I look like a MAD man :angry4:.its nice when im in a park parents don't let there kids walk up to me lol ...love it . ya i look like a mad man but ppl think twice??? HH

Last edited:
Look... I already know that you are younger than most here, so here's my advise (Please read disclaimer below too:icon_thumright:)

Be confrontational, man up young buck... Ask in a loud and threatening voice... Do you know who I am!!!!!!

When they say no....

You say... Good, let's keep it that way

Then you could either flip the bird, or egg them and run like the wind :laughing7:

I'm a big dude. 6' 3'' 275lbs I intimidate a lot, but its more of them driving by and yelling stuff or laughing. People with nothing better to do.

I ugly them to near death.....easy for me......you guys may have to work at it .:laughing7:

TNGUNS said:
Can't believe you are reading either.....without help........Gotcha:violent1:

:wav:

Still my hero ticm

Another guy with a man crush with me.

Wave to them with your digging tool...while smiling in a non-threatening manner, of course.

peace,
cc

edited to add:

If I had your find count I wouldn't worry what they thought...nice job!

Last edited:
Well only put up with one person, same person I figured would be out at this time. Honking and waving in the smart alac way, didn't even pay attention. Dug $8.76 in clad. Going out again later to a few different spots, than i'll post finds for this weekend. Dug my first silver, and some other cool things.

HH
MrSchulz

I was hunting a park when 4 pre 10's came towards me started giggling to themselves.
A few days later at the same place, they returned. One walks in front of me and launches about 20 pennies. Seems to have really tickled the other 3! Such a moment that was.
Told them all to go hit their moms purse for quarters, and come back.

Last edited:
just make it look like you found some than good, up here they catch Yaa in the middle of the road extracting copper, they given you that apostolic stare as they drive by, leave you feeling like an uneducated bum.Na! just kidding about the bum part.

Just wear headphones and ignore them....

The time your wasting on looking and dealingwith them is time lost hunting so forget them and keep swingin and diggin.

When I started searching beaches in Milford Connecticut many years ago, I was one of the very few with a detector, and stupid people in cars asking in I was searching for gold mines. I did not response.

I put on a white helmet and an Orange Vest and say “Please evacuate the area, I am with the Gas Company.”

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back