Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten into metal detecting for the sheer joy of finding stuff that has been laying about in the dirt for some time. I'd like to find some historical artifacts if I can. I get some exercise and am able to teach my grand-daughters a fun game.

Many of y'all have mentioned finding things of value. The question is, are any of you actually making any money detecting? I have no aspirations of finding enough to even pay for my machine.

Just curious.

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a hobby and a passion. I've spent way too much on the machines I've owned over the years - I currently have 6 detectors including finding and buying all I've owned before - a rack of machines in my bedroom. They were all good ones, ones that worked. I only use now 3 of them. I may never recover finds valued in comparison with what I've spent.

It's all about finding something here and there which pleases me, and nothing more.

MoonTzu

Apr 24, 2018
Sunny San Diego, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200 (bought used), GP pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
100% hobby for me, joining other hobbies like stargazing, photography, and collecting old pocket watches. Compared to those, detecting is cheap, and at least has an ROI even if it is just the odd dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread