Hodge Podge Hunt With a Couple of First

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So had the day off and had planned on spending time this morning at the cellar hole I found recently, and like tabman I was really disappointed! I thought that the site held a lot of promise and I was going to find some good relics and some old coins as my exploratory poke at it produced an 1880’s bottle and some other nice things with no real effort. Well this time the detecting Gods smited me for my overconfidence and I got a lot of nails, scraps and trash. I did pull out three large iron pieces and a pedal that had a root growing around it. Some data on on of the iron hunks identified it from coming from an Oliver Tractor, model 40.S, still need to do a bit more research on that. So after lugging everything out of the woods I came home to do so home stuff. So after completing all assigned task I requested permission to steam independently and go poking around some more. First stop I a very hard hit 1905 property that will be demolished soon, that is where I found my FIRST Buffalo Nickel (1936), a folded up large General Service button (most likely WWII or later) that pretty hair clip and a little clad, then I decided to try a place that I found and got permission for that is a 1920’s small house that is so overgrown you can hardly see it, it was tough sledding but I got one circuit done around the house and I picked up a Wheatle and my FIRST Merc (1943). Decided to call it a day and plan tomorrow β€˜s adventure! 6FC48AFF-E3CB-40F0-8D84-13FA22295A02.jpeg D08BF08D-2C18-4DE6-B696-5D2466D81229.jpeg 3E79DEFA-1AAA-4CAE-A02C-B675E61D056F.jpeg B80BCF95-7C6F-480E-A3CD-8ADBFB170C48.jpeg

Upvote 15

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congrats on your "firsts"...your hard work and research paid off. Isn't it nice to see something shiny in the hole!?...Ddf

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice! The first is the hardest. They'll come easier now! Grats an GL!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Merc club! I'm hoping to join the Buffalo nickel club this year! Congrats! :icon_thumright:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet, it's a great day when you can check a few first's off the list. I'd grid that 1920's house in a different direction tomorrow.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool, congrats on the 1sts, may there be many more for you

OP
OP
BLK HOLE

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, it's a great day when you can check a few first's off the list. I'd grid that 1920's house in a different direction tomorrow.

I intend to hit it again tomorrow but I need to do some landscaping around it so I can swing more that two inches each way!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice finds! :occasion14:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly must have been a very long day for you,but the results were promising.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Mercury dime. Don't give up on the cellar hole buddy. Cleaning out the trash is part of the process. Some keepers have to be there. Nice hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread