Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi dpdkld,

Don't tell anyone this information! If you drive out on Seabreeze Blvd., just past Holiday Drive is public parking. Get out and walk 150 paces East, until you get to the 3 palm trees. 37 paces North, then look for the big red X on the ground. Dig there.

Seriously though, that beach is and has been packed for decades. I used to hang out there during Spring Break 25 years ago and it was packed then too. There is a story of a shipwreck off the shore, right across from Harbor Drive (New River Mouth) back in 1838. That was when one of the settlers families got killed by indians and Ft. Lauderdale was abandoned.

Heading several miles South, there is Haulover Beach, which you have to pay to park. This beach has been a public beach for 40 years or more. I used to go there with my family back in the 70's. I wouldn't go there after dark though. I was just there a month or so ago early in the morning and found lots of targets, nothing valuable, but enough change and things to let me know it wasn't a dead issue.

Jack

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
The "center" of the public beach is at Johnson Street and AIA. There is a parking lot there. There is a second major beach called Hollywood North Beach Park at Sheridan and A1A.

Chip V.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread