ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I went to Detroit and found a lot of information. More on that much later. While there I got a call from a friend. He knew of people that lost some stuff at a marina in Detroit. Told him I would be right there. He told me a pair of RayBan sunglasses were behind a boat and a portable light was behind another boat. After I found both of them I played around in a couple of slips for a little while. I got a flip phone, three dock brushes, a snail boat wind indicator and a screwdriver. Plus some plastics from dock lights. After I get out he hands me 25.00, which was fine for 20 minutes of playing. I get in my truck and notice I missed a call. I call it back. A guy asks me if I knew where a marina was at. LOL, it was the same one I was at!. I told him I was already there. He found my website after a bit of searching. Tells me his wife lost her wedding ring off the side of their boat while tying it up. Said she could be there in 10 minutes. I said I would wait. I go to the gas dock and get a Pepsi. She comes and shows me where the ring went in. I gear up grab the 8" CZ-21 and go down. I get bell tones. Move two cans and get a solid mid tone. Dig it out of the muck and know I have her ring. I come up with it on my pinky. She is in tears! Said she couldn't sleep all night last night. Asks me what I want. I said gas and a tank of air which is 5.00. She hands me a pile of bills which i never count in front of anyone. I said are you sure and she says positively. After she leaves and I get my gear off and get in the truck I count out 350.00!

For less than a half hour?? WOW. 375.00 is the best day I have had in a while cash wise.

Upvote 39

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We See An Honorable Mention In Your Future Sending it In Now Chug And Red

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job !!Scuba as always your one of many that make us in the hobby look good finding and returning rings ect..Keep up the great finds plenty of spots I'm sure to go to. Stay Safe keep Postin we all love to see the finds!!!!!!!Thanks for sharing the story HM here also

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES!!! If anyone deserves a day like that..it's you! You have no idea just how awesome that is...congrats, a little bit of $$ for a rainy day..and some gas..and air...thx...ddf

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had an all around great day.
Boy,, that is a pretty ring. I guess the sentimental value is what was important to her. Great job
Congratulations

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Do I really deserve an honorable mention? After all I did get paid to find it. I know I wanted gas and air but geez, it was like wow, I sure didn't want that much. However they have it. they had two boats in the slips. a 48' motor yacht and a 40' cigarette boat. The ring was in about 8' of black water.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have returned what 37 plus rings and some people might have said they never found it when they did.Plus you seem to help a lot of people find stuff and not get paid a lot compared to what others would charge sounds like you got a kind heart. and use this hobby for good as well as the treasure we all seek.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said before, living well is your best revenge!

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, cool, you didn't even have to sell a ring to get paid.:thumbsup:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
all that and nobody kicked you out?

Nice day's work....even if it was only 30 minutes long. That's what I call time management! Honorable from me!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
O - M - G!!!!!!!! I need to take diving lessons. Awesome day Scuba, congrats on the nice payday. :occasion14:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow dude that's awesome!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O - M - G!!!!!!!! I need to take diving lessons. Awesome day Scuba, congrats on the nice payday. :occasion14:
Great day diving.
I've been dreaming about underwater detecting the last few nights thinking of all the goodies.There is a detecting Lake Tahoe video on you tube it is so crystal clear all the way down to 48 foot.awesome video.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Scuba. I've never had a job that pays that well, and you even enjoy what your doing !

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Awesome!! What are the odds your already at the marina when she try's getting a hold of you.
Somebody's living life right, Congrats!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread