HOLY COW! 4TH CLASS RING AND IT'S A DOOOOOZY!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was at the new permission again (where else) and had been patiently digging every signal that I could get a repeat sound on. So I was digging mainly ring pulls and tabs with the occasional bottlecap with very few coins in this particular area. I had dug several tabs and rings that higher VIDs than normal as lower than normal. So is was getting pretty mundane and I was getting pretty sure of myself in IDing what they were. One close to the surface would be a blaster, especially using the Deus pinpoint. I was hot, I was very tired when another blaster signal at 53 (using 18khtz) sounds off. I am thinking another shallow pull tab or whatever and almost went on but I had made it a point to dig all signals and so I dug the plug. My new carrot pin pointer screamed bloody murder towards the upper portion of the plug so I tore it open without much thought. I was once again staring at something totally awesome and again in disbelief. I barely moved some more of the dirt and made sure that I was sure and then yelled to my wife to bring her phone. She got up and gathered her things and headed my way as I covered the ring so she couldn't see it. So she is guessing everything under the sun as I flip the dirt off of the ring. She couldn't believe it either and began taking pictures. As we looked at it, a men's 2009 Mena class ring, i could already tell that this wasn't a run of the mill class ring. It is a custom made ring with the name, etc and Pitcher with six diamonds on top. I know the family, the parents are custom jewelers so the return will be easy. I am a little confused at the moment as the acid test passed 18kt, 22kt as well as the platinum test but I will be finding out shortly. Due to having the next three days already maxed out with out town obligations, the return won't occur until after that. I was not expecting to find a class ring here but that is the way it is, people lose them everywhere. Before I wiped the sides off to reveal the name, I wiped the inside and saw no name engraved nor a standard maker's mark. This has been one crazy awesome week on the new permission. I have been totally blessed and now I get to bless someone else, how cool is that?

Attachments

• 0703171939.jpg
    0703171939.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 124
  • 0703171939a.jpg
    0703171939a.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 0703171939b.jpg
    0703171939b.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 0703171939d.jpg
    0703171939d.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 0704171014_Burst01.jpg
    0704171014_Burst01.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 0704171016b_Burst01.jpg
    0704171016b_Burst01.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 23

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Quite the Honker! The return story should be as good or better than the find.

Congratz

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is totally COOL DL!:headbang: Man, is that thing HUGE and decked with real BLING! I reckon the owner will be quite pleased with the return. You really nailed that new permission my friend. Divinely guided there I would say. Keep after it ya'll.:icon_salut:

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a gorgeous ring. I'm sure the owner would be so happy to have it returned. Congrats. -Lisa & John

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is totally COOL DL!:headbang: Man, is that thing HUGE and decked with real BLING! I reckon the owner will be quite pleased with the return. You really nailed that new permission my friend. Divinely guided there I would say. Keep after it ya'll.:icon_salut:

Permissions are game changers for sure, the owner is a very active outdoors guy and will truly excited to see his ring back. Heck, we stare at it constantly, I guess it is the most expensive find for me and I am giving it back to the owner like I have done with the other three class rings. Almost didn't go to sleep last night for thinking about what his face is going to look like when he realizes that he is getting it back. Both the wife and I are so excited but having to wait for the time, maybe Saturday or Sunday is making it even more so. What makes it even more exciting, is that I have barely scratch the surface on this place. It was well worth the five or six hours we spent locating those markers for them. DL

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that...is a pull tab!
Congrats.
Hats off to ya for returning your other class ring finds too.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was at the new permission again (where else) and had been patiently digging every signal that I could get a repeat sound on. So I was digging mainly ring pulls and tabs with the occasional bottlecap with very few coins in this particular area. I had dug several tabs and rings that higher VIDs than normal as lower than normal. So is was getting pretty mundane and I was getting pretty sure of myself in IDing what they were. One close to the surface would be a blaster, especially using the Deus pinpoint. I was hot, I was very tired when another blaster signal at 53 (using 18khtz) sounds off. I am thinking another shallow pull tab or whatever and almost went on but I had made it a point to dig all signals and so I dug the plug. My new carrot pin pointer screamed bloody murder towards the upper portion of the plug so I tore it open without much thought. I was once again staring at something totally awesome and again in disbelief. I barely moved some more of the dirt and made sure that I was sure and then yelled to my wife to bring her phone. She got up and gathered her things and headed my way as I covered the ring so she couldn't see it. So she is guessing everything under the sun as I flip the dirt off of the ring. She couldn't believe it either and began taking pictures. As we looked at it, a men's 2009 Mena class ring, i could already tell that this wasn't a run of the mill class ring. It is a custom made ring with the name, etc and Pitcher with six diamonds on top. I know the family, the parents are custom jewelers so the return will be easy. I am a little confused at the moment as the acid test passed 18kt, 22kt as well as the platinum test but I will be finding out shortly. Due to having the next three days already maxed out with out town obligations, the return won't occur until after that. I was not expecting to find a class ring here but that is the way it is, people lose them everywhere. Before I wiped the sides off to reveal the name, I wiped the inside and saw no name engraved nor a standard maker's mark. This has been one crazy awesome week on the new permission. I have been totally blessed and now I get to bless someone else, how cool is that?

Stainless passes the gold tests. If it isn't marked being that new it is stainless. You have to know the feel of gold when you use the kit unfortunately. I worked at a pawn shop for a few years and learned. Hope the owner can shed some light on it for you. Congrats

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one amazing ring- the return will be so sweet- Great job!

-- Jeff --

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the honking ring.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that ting is huge! Awesome find and hope you are able to do a return.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is the nicest class ring I've ever seen. Someone was probably REALLY sad to lose that! Epic dig!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, um can I just touch your coil?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its steel your detector should VDI as that fairly easy. Gold and platinum will me a lot lower and easily identified. That thing will STOP A GOB!!!!Ive returned two Class rings I hope they are more appreciative than my two returns. Thanks for sharing!!!@!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread