Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While out detecting an 1860s homesite (now farm field), I start to dig a nickel sounding target hoping I will finally score an 1800s V, when I catch a glimpse of something round and silver toned on the ground about 2 feet away. Looking like a token of some sort at first, picking it up from the ground revealed something entirely different- a 1786 Spanish 2 reale!
Quite possibly the surface find of my lifetime.

BTW, the nickel signal was a beavertail/pull tab. image.png

Upvote 38
Congratualtions! I bet there are more to be had, so get out and find them! :notworthy:

Anyone following my recent posts and viewing my pictures will know my eyeball finds are pretty consistent. By nature I have always been a curious type and treasure hunter since my youth. I have found countless items scanning the earth and will continue to do so until my peepers give out on me. I have recovered a few nice Indian artifacts, loads of old marbles-a pair of clays, and even metal objects coins, tokens, and jewelry with my eyes. Our best discriminators are our own eyes. Wonderful find there mate. I always say keep your eyes peeled while listening to the tones. Spanish silver. Yep another one on my bucket list. Well done.:icon_salut:

Great find! On the surface, that's cool. Congrats and HH

Sweet find!! Did you make the 1800's club with a v-nickel? You defiantly made the 1700's club. Lol

Sweet find!! Did you make the 1800's club with a v-nickel? You defiantly made the 1700's club. Lol
Already in the 1800s club, just not in the 1800s v nickel club. Come to think of it, I'm not even in the 1800s silver club....

Wow!! Very nice find. Best surface find we've heard of! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Very nice find ��

Congrats on a great find. Thats why I always keep my eyes peeled to the ground when hunting the fields. For me its usually clay marbles and arrowheads, but I have found some nice old coins laying right on top, free for the bending !

Great find man. I've been wanting to hit the fields . I'm in northern IN would love to hunt that field, pm me if you ever need someone to hunt it with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back