!!!!Holy Toledo!!! Can’t believe THIS Happened – Close Encounter!!!!!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was watching an online CAM recording of the beach where I was metal detecting in the water today and what I saw sent a shiver down my spine!

I have attached a Word.doc with the 3 frame captures from the CAM recording, and they show this large object approach me in the surf. Size?

In the recording one can see a very large dark object heading towards me in the surf and the “Thing” actually gets only a few feet from me and, worse yet, is between me and the shore. It finally moves away but the really scary thing about it is that I had no idea of the close encounter until I just saw the video! Probably a Manatee, but then again… Don’t think I’ll go that deep tomorrow…

View attachment Close Incounter 2020.doc

Upvote 0

Guardrailnickel

Jan 11, 2020
Pa. 19512
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You lived to post about. Looks like something that may have only caused a flesh wound. :dontknow:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arghhhh, I can't open the pics :BangHead:

My friend was metal detecting down in Hollywood,
when that big crocodile came out of the water,
right after she had emerged... :o
I had 2 LARGE tarpons pass, in between me & 2 ppl talking one day,
we were standing about chest deep.
I let out the loudest scream, before I realized what it was. :laughing7:
Woke that beach up... :laughing7:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
50 years ago while on R&R from Viet-Nam I was in Malaysia and in waist deep crystal clear water waiting to go water skiing with other guys a dark long & slender object came meandering toward us and I yelled "SHARK" and we all scrambled out of the water. That was the last time I went dipping for that week! That made a impression on me !:occasion14:

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at south beach one time and this big shadow showed up people were scrambling out of the water it was a big Manatee funny as heck

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you guys can have all the gold in the ocean. R. Dickey does not go there!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been brushed... bumped... and knocked / mowed over from behind once... all of which were shark... have been in such close contact with them over the years and I still don't like it... at all.

Have had manatee and dolphin so close so many time I cannot count... each time sneaking in and sending chill up spine until realizing what it was.... but they keep off me.

Now... none of these encounters with shark were with a detector in hand... always been other times... I also swim and spend a lot of time in water.

I have noticed and have had a theory that shark do not like the pulse and stay away... and this also seems to apply to X2 freqs as well... for I never had one close with detector.

But perhaps this is just a coincidence.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Can open But
Either Your Floating in the Air ?
Or you have Extremely Rare Eyesight

000aaa.jpg

Sorry !

Dancer

Dec 21, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Infinium L/S
Deep Tech Vista X
Headhunter Pirate Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the 70's when "Jaws" first showed. Was at Virginia Beach. Not many going in the water. So I was waist deep when something bumped my legs. I swear I ran on water back to land. Sorta started a small panic. Turned out to be a few Jellyfish drifting by. Stayed ashore and Bikini watched rest of the day.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 70's when "Jaws" first showed. Was at Virginia Beach. Not many going in the water. So I was waist deep when something bumped my legs. I swear I ran on water back to land. Sorta started a small panic. Turned out to be a few Jellyfish drifting by. Stayed ashore and Bikini watched rest of the day.

Yeah Peter Benchley wrote that and had no idea the fear worldwide a movie would create.

One of my favorite authors.

He also wrote my favorite book also turned movie... which is also my favorite movie... "The Deep".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread