deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boy and I pounded our yard with the Bounty Hunter, Whites and then with AT Pros. Every time I swing the new CTX in the yard I find missed silver....Do I need to say "I Love" this machine. Lol
Out messing in the yard today a got a 7" deep hit telling me there was silver hiding, flip a plug and there laid a 43 merc. This merc is my worst looking silver ever, it's still silver though.
Got the kid out there swinging with me and he finds a couple wheats and a 50's something dog tag.
The kid goes inside to take a break, it was hot and sticky out there. He wasn't gone 2 minutes when I dig a OD nickel.
This makes two mercs, one OD nickel and the 43 Washington the kid forgot he buried late winter. That makes 4 silvers the new CTX has saved from the yard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 12

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm beginning to think you like the ctx :laughing7:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So can you tell me do you like the CTX lol

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I come detect your yard?!?

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say that CTX just pulls those OD NICKELS out of the ground like weeds? Hmmm

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on sniffing out a few more that you previously missed! Great machine that CTX. Continued good luck to you!

-- Jeff -

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's an OD nickel ?

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's an OD nickel ?

You can't be serious are ya Al?
Its what was previously called a war nickel. Proclamation passed in honor of Old Dude OD. So OD Nickel. He has never found one and If he ever should it would be an automatic Banner. Or at least Ribbon. So never use that other word again. Penalties Apply

Last edited:

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember my first OD

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deershed is it a Big misconception of the CTX that it pulls out targets that other machines missed. But isn't it a fact known only to CTX users that it is so technologically advanced that it actually puts new targets INTO the ground and you can program it for Silver OD Nickels Civil War etc... We want the Truth

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ANTLERS I DONT KNOW HOW YOU ARE BEATING THE HEAT I WAS OUTSIDE PAINTING PICKETS ON THE DECK FOR AN HOUR STOPPED WIFE SAID WHATS WRONG I REPLIED NAUSEAS WENT AND LIE DOWN AT 10;00 AND GOT UP AT 6;OO WIPED ME OUT. BACK TO YOUR FINDS , SEE YOU GOT A MERC AND A FEW OTHER ITEMS NEAT. STAY REPLENISHED MY FREIND ........

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deershed is it a Big misconception of the CTX that it pulls out targets that other machines missed. But isn't it a fact known only to CTX users that it is so technologically advanced that it actually puts new targets INTO the ground and you can program it for Silver OD Nickels Civil War etc... We want the Truth

It's all in what program you run. I did program the OD program this morning, and it works too.

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANTLERS I DONT KNOW HOW YOU ARE BEATING THE HEAT I WAS OUTSIDE PAINTING PICKETS ON THE DECK FOR AN HOUR STOPPED WIFE SAID WHATS WRONG I REPLIED NAUSEAS WENT AND LIE DOWN AT 10;00 AND GOT UP AT 6;OO WIPED ME OUT. BACK TO YOUR FINDS , SEE YOU GOT A MERC AND A FEW OTHER ITEMS NEAT. STAY REPLENISHED MY FREIND ........

Found the merc and OD nickel about 30 foot from the front porch. We'd swing for 15 mins. back in the AC for 30 mins. Lol It was hot today... Hope your feeling better.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congrats!
So now you can find "OD" with your CTX? Lol! RUN OD! RUN!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't be serious are ya Al?
Its what was previously called a war nickel. Proclamation passed in honor of Old Dude OD. So OD Nickel. He has never found one and If he ever should it would be an automatic Banner. Or at least Ribbon. So never use that other word again. Penalties Apply

Come on TBD... BA is trying to pull your leg. Don't fall for it. Everybody knows what an OD nickel is... if you look at the other forums, they call it an OD nickel too.

Alas, I noticed that OD has not chimed in on this, even though it says "OD" in the title, hopefully he will be along shortly.

DS, A heart felt congratulations on your continued success in the yard. It is very impressive how the Minelabs machine has made old places new again. I hope to one day soon to get a "real" machine. Best of luck to you and the boy. You two are something else!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it seems that OD has been MIA on this. Maybe he's just holding back knowing that Friday is gonna be a Banner day for him

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it seems that OD has been MIA on this. Maybe he's just holding back knowing that Friday is gonna be a Banner day for him

That could be the case, perhaps he is staying away to "tease" us... maybe?

DS is rocking that CTX. Minelabs makes the best machines! I'm a bit jelly...

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be the case, perhaps he is staying away to "tease" us... maybe?

DS is rocking that CTX. Minelabs makes the best machines! I'm a bit jelly...

If you would dust off that wallet CT and pry it open you can have one in a couple of days. You do know that they are programmable and they put goodies INTO the ground for you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions