pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pitbull Buddy takes care of the house.. The only bad thing is he is all for show.. Does'nt have a mean bone in his body but people are sure intimitated by him.. My brother also stays with the dog and he is always well armed...

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
onfire,

Yeah....the Roseanne Barr tape should scare the most battle scarred burglars....heck just looking at her scares me...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Ok got it, I

was just joking after seeing (Home alone) So I'll just stick with my alarm system it's a 600 decibel recording of Roseanne Barr singing the National Anthem:laughing7:

Hendeix I do have a book self door in the rec room. sort of like a panic room. just one gun port.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

LOL....you're playing with my head again....maybe I should do like bbcamay and yell out BANANA...and then poof....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

I have no fear of cat burglars...I don't own any. Dog burglars on the otherhand...they scare me.

Crispin

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
calisdad said:
See, we don't get to chose which laws we like or not. Our society has done that for us, like it or not. And that same society has said your local burglars life is more valuable than your stereo. I know, it seems crazy but that's just the way it is.

I think if a law runs counter to my constitutional rights than I do not have to follow it. Doesn't everyone agree with this. An unconstitutional law never had to be followed by any true patriots.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Friend got tired of being robbed(twice) and bought a pit bull. Then they went out of town and came home to find that they had been robbed again and the thieves stole the dog too. I couldn't quit laughing. We don't talk much anymore.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.'
-16 Am Jur 2nd, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256

kc817

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2013
Talon said:
On Beaver Island in Lake Michigan there was a handyman back in the day working on a house. He was leaving for the weekend so rigged a shotgun to fire if someone opened the door. One of the young local girls went out to visit him and bring him lunch, opened the door and blew her head off. It would be cheaper to invest in good secure locks and doors and an alarm company then to pay a wrongful death suit.

I just searched Google for anything related to a Beaver Island accidental shotgun death...nothing came up. This never happened. Urban legend...this is nothing more than a spook story, like "The phone call was coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!"...please post a link to the proof with these crazy stories...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kc817, read our rules, you can not call a member a liar here like you did on packerbacker post.....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sadly most places that I know of do not allow you to "booby trap" your home or place of bussiness * --even if the person killed was a theif and tresspasser you are liable to be arrested for "murder' -- the law only allows for the use of deadly force to protect yourself from harm --not your property from theft * you are allowed to kill a robber if you are there and he is a threat to your life and well being or that of others there (wife /kids/loved ones- innocent folks) --you are not allowed to kill them just for robbing you however if they are not a serious threat to you --if they turn and flee upon being discovered you may NOT shoot them in the back as they flee as they are not concidered a threat to you anymore -- if they get on the ground and just lie there waiting for the cops as you have them "covered" again --you can NOT SHOOT THEM --as they are no longer a threat -- however if they advance upon you with any type of weapon or in a threating manner you may "defend yourself-- if you feel that you are in danger for your life or serious injury " remember those words * and you best be able to prove you were in real danger not just "saying it" -- by the law --you are not allowed to be judge , jury and the exicutioner just because someone was stealing from you , unless they were caught in the act by you and posed a serious phyiscal threat to you.---booby traps are frowned upon heavily by law emforcement since there is a chance that some innocent person (or a cop checking up on a call of a break in) might trip them , and also using deadly force to protect "property" is seen as too much *-- non violent property theft is punished by jail time not death , and the legal system does not want adverage people taking "the law" into their own hands--- I recall a new report long ago of store owner tired of being ripped off time and time again by crooks who set up a electrical shock type booby trap -- well it worked and it killed the crook that broke in --the store owner was arrested by the cops for murder and he was sued by the crooks family for "wrongful death"-- btw the crooks family sadly won their lawsuit.

one thing all crooks hate is "lights" and cameras * crooks do not want to be "seen or even worse recorded" in the act --to that end one of the best things a home owner can do is mount motion actived "flood lights" that come on as one approaches any door on their home -- there are ones that work both day and night * if crooks approach a house and suddenly flood lghts pop on they will think there is a alarm systtem or recording device attached to it most likely (even if theres not) and will most likely leave right away --next to the sound of a 12 gauge pump shotgun being racked or a nasty sounding big ole mean dog barking --lights are #3 on a theif's --bug out if you hear it / see it list

Last edited:

kc817

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2013
Treasure_Hunter said:
Kc817, read our rules, you can not call a member a liar here like you did on packerbacker post.....

Clearly you lack an understanding of the nuance of my post. I asked for proof from someone before simply parroting a hand-me-down story as gospel. It is a lazy way out. If I say the earth is flat and you tell me it is not, should I rise up and whine about being called a liar? Let's raise our game here, people!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More and more people are installing "burglar traps" and "trap rooms" in high dollar homes and neighborhoods. They go in, but they don't come out..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearly you lack an understanding of the nuance of my post. I asked for proof from someone before simply parroting a hand-me-down story as gospel. It is a lazy way out. If I say the earth is flat and you tell me it is not, should I rise up and whine about being called a liar? Let's raise our game here, people!

As moderator I am telling you do not call members liars..........

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a couple of things to add a little fat to the fire. Here in Oregon 20 plus years ago the death penalty had been done away with. During that time it was illegal to use deadly physical force in any situation other than the perp. actually being in the house. We now have the death penalty back, voted in by the people, and self defense is again legal, but can be dicey. The powers that be are back at work wanting the death penalty repealed, which according to the cops once again removes the citizens right to use deadly physical force in a self defense situation, and definitely not during a property crime. Number 2. Just down the road from where I live, a local man had a trained guard dog. The animal would let you in the house, but you couldn't leave or act threatening toward the dog. His parents were leaving town for the weekend. He put the dog in their house Friday evening. He was lazy Saturday morning, and was really feeling guilty about leaving the dog so long with out a pp break. Arriving at the parents home the first thing he sees is the broken window. Inside the house, the dog is standing on the thief's chest, drool dripping on the guys neck. Long story short. The dog caused the thief so much trauma the crook was awarded 6 grand, that's 6 thousand dollars, and the dog was ordered kenneled or destroyed. I talked to the fellow just before he moved out of state and took the dog with him. Liberals are idiots, they live in la la land, and Oregon is over run with 'em.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
news of the weird blog -- 75 year old canadain man in lewis . q bec forgot he had a trip wire rigged shotgun to protect his home * his last mistake.--yep mistakes do happan sadly --thats why booby traps are generally banned by law.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Move to Mass Bosnmate,you'll know what overrun is:sign10:The law in Mass use to be you had to flee your house if it was broken into and you were home.That law was only changed on account of 2 convicts that used that as a defense for escaping prison after being threatened with death by other inmates.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bosnmate, you are so correct. Liberals are idiots that live in la la land. Unfortunately they try to force la la land on the rest of us!

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
redneck-home-security.png

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
sadly most places that I know of do not allow you to "booby trap" your home or place of bussiness * --even if the person killed was a theif and tresspasser you are liable to be arrested for "murder' -- the law only allows for the use of deadly force to protect yourself from harm --not your property from theft * you are allowed to kill a robber if you are there and he is a threat to your life and well being or that of others there (wife /kids/loved ones- innocent folks) --you are not allowed to kill them just for robbing you however if they are not a serious threat to you --if they turn and flee upon being discovered you may NOT shoot them in the back as they flee as they are not concidered a threat to you anymore -- if they get on the ground and just lie there waiting for the cops as you have them "covered" again --you can NOT SHOOT THEM --as they are no longer a threat -- however if they advance upon you with any type of weapon or in a threating manner you may "defend yourself-- if you feel that you are in danger for your life or serious injury " remember those words * and you best be able to prove you were in real danger not just "saying it" -- by the law --you are not allowed to be judge , jury and the exicutioner just because someone was stealing from you , unless they were caught in the act by you and posed a serious phyiscal threat to you.---booby traps are frowned upon heavily by law emforcement since there is a chance that some innocent person (or a cop checking up on a call of a break in) might trip them , and also using deadly force to protect "property" is seen as too much *-- non violent property theft is punished by jail time not death , and the legal system does not want adverage people taking "the law" into their own hands--- I recall a new report long ago of store owner tired of being ripped off time and time again by crooks who set up a electrical shock type booby trap -- well it worked and it killed the crook that broke in --the store owner was arrested by the cops for murder and he was sued by the crooks family for "wrongful death"-- btw the crooks family sadly won their lawsuit.

one thing all crooks hate is "lights" and cameras * crooks do not want to be "seen or even worse recorded" in the act --to that end one of the best things a home owner can do is mount motion actived "flood lights" that come on as one approaches any door on their home -- there are ones that work both day and night * if crooks approach a house and suddenly flood lghts pop on they will think there is a alarm systtem or recording device attached to it most likely (even if theres not) and will most likely leave right away --next to the sound of a 12 gauge pump shotgun being racked or a nasty sounding big ole mean dog barking --lights are #3 on a theif's --bug out if you hear it / see it list

Ivan: This post makes entirely waaayyyy toooo much logical sense. When do I get to shoot somebody?

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a couple of things to add a little fat to the fire. Here in Oregon 20 plus years ago the death penalty had been done away with. During that time it was illegal to use deadly physical force in any situation other than the perp. actually being in the house. We now have the death penalty back, voted in by the people, and self defense is again legal, but can be dicey. The powers that be are back at work wanting the death penalty repealed, which according to the cops once again removes the citizens right to use deadly physical force in a self defense situation, and definitely not during a property crime. Number 2. Just down the road from where I live, a local man had a trained guard dog. The animal would let you in the house, but you couldn't leave or act threatening toward the dog. His parents were leaving town for the weekend. He put the dog in their house Friday evening. He was lazy Saturday morning, and was really feeling guilty about leaving the dog so long with out a pp break. Arriving at the parents home the first thing he sees is the broken window. Inside the house, the dog is standing on the thief's chest, drool dripping on the guys neck. Long story short. The dog caused the thief so much trauma the crook was awarded 6 grand, that's 6 thousand dollars, and the dog was ordered kenneled or destroyed. I talked to the fellow just before he moved out of state and took the dog with him. Liberals are idiots, they live in la la land, and Oregon is over run with 'em.

I take issue with the last sentence in this post. I do not think liberals are idiots and I do not think you should be allowed to say this on TNET. It is just as bad, if not worse, as calling somebody a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread