Home or Lot for Sale

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi this may have been posted some time before. The other day I say a lot for sale that they just got done tearing down a old bakery building. I called up the real estate number on the for sale sign, and asked the person if I could get permission to go on the lot and metal detect. He was very nice and told me to go anytime I want. He gave me his name just in case some in the neighborhood may come up and ask me if I had permission. He told me a little history about the building that was on the lot. It goes back to the late 30's
I also asked him about houses that he has for sale were the people moved out already. He told me he has a lot of them right now because of the way the housing selling is going. I asked him to keep me in mind if he has any were I can go coin hunt that he is taking care of to sell. So maybe this summer I will be busy checking out homes were the seller moved out and the house is empty.
All it takes is a phone call all they can do is say yes or no. Maybe you will hit a nice guy that will say yes to your odd question LOL Shane

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shane thanks, that was a great idea...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea Shane.

Been doing that off and on. If you want, get some cards made up & leave them with Nice guy Real Estater to give out. I guarantee you'll have a plate full of requests. You can get into doing clean outs and get first chance of collectible fixtures etc. from demos. Also real estaters that deal with industrials are a great source. You'd be amazed at what gets left in industrials.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea but I would still ask the realtor to make sure the owner does not mind. The realtor and owner only have a contract to access the property to sell it. The realtor does not have the authority to give you permission to hunt the property and if he runs into an owner that makes a stink about it he could be putting his license on the line. You are also trespassing since the permission was not granted by the owner.

Just be careful.

NJ

OP
OP
shane41

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:
Good idea but I would still ask the realtor to make sure the owner does not mind. The realtor and owner only have a contract to access the property to sell it. The realtor does not have the authority to give you permission to hunt the property and if he runs into an owner that makes a stink about it he could be putting his license on the line. You are also trespassing since the permission was not granted by the owner.

Just be careful.

NJ
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Shane

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shane, I do property management, I take care of houses, I have about 250 of them, I detect them when they come up for repair, and they are very productive, get permission abd do them, the older and more lived in, seem to produce more stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread