Home town park

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the oldest park still in use in my little old town of just shy 5,000 people. The City keeps it up nice, but strangely it hasn't seen much use in the last 20 years or so.
I have it to myself 90% of the time, and haven't seen more than three people there at a time, and haven't ever seen anyone else detecting. When I was in high school it was used allot. Now there is a newer park in town that has playground equipment, soccer and baseball fields. I get distracted and wander, and I am still new, so haven't found much yet. Did get one of my only three silvers here though. Wrapped up this afternoon and realized I had my camera, so I figured I would take some shots. Hope you enjoy, and if yer ever in La Grange, check this beauty out.
DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

DSCF0366.jpg

DSCF0373.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

DSCF0316.jpg

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0317.jpg

DSCF0379.jpg

DSCF0372.jpg

DSCF0383.jpg

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Beautiful. I was in LaGrange a few weeks ago.....I live in Dayton actually....Liberty County...I rode with my grandfather (Liberty County Sheriff Deputy) to transport a prisoner to Burnet, and on our way back we swung through LaGrange. Beautiful town !

Wraytex

Apr 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Gunny that's a nice site. In my younger days we used to play La Grange at an old ball park somewhere. I always thought that would be a neat place to search. These central Texas towns have always take their baseball seriously. I grew up in Gonzales btw.

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
didnt ZZ top sing about lagrange. ?? well I might be mistaken

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice park . They have one that looks almost exactly like that in the next town over from where I live.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread