Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy's looking to replace my old home weather station (La Crosse WS-1510). Seems everything has batteries at that need to be added to the array. Seeing I mount this on my roof not looking to go up and change those batteries.

Anyone know of a decent unit about $200.00 that is solar powered.

Did see this one:

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had one of these for a couple of years and have no real complaints. I did have a spider get in there and block the rain sensor once, but only once, and it was easy to resolve. Haven't ever had to put batteries in it, solar seems to take care of it.

Ambient Weather Station

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had one of these for a couple of years and have no real complaints. I did have a spider get in there and block the rain sensor once, but only once, and it was easy to resolve. Haven't ever had to put batteries in it, solar seems to take care of it.

Ambient Weather Station
I was looking at that, but it said you had to add 3 batteries to the sensors that mount on the pole.

So, you never had to add them?

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an Ambient Weather WS-2902. It has a solar panel and batteries. Only change them every couple years. I use energizer lithium's. I guess I have it 8 years now, works well. It has a great heat shield to keep the temp accurate. That's one thing you need to watch when buying. Alot of the heat shields are crap. When in direct sun light temp can be 10-15 degrees higher than actual.

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh, found the fine type!

Outdoor sensor array: 3xAA batteries (not included). The primary power source is the solar panel. The batteries provide backup power when there is limited solar energy

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at that, but it said you had to add 3 batteries to the sensors that mount on the pole.

So, you never had to add them?
I'm sure there are batteries in it -- I may have even put them there myself, it has been long enough I don't recall. But it would have to have some kind of battery to report weather data at night. But since it has been installed, I have never had to do anything involving batteries. And I've had it for going on two years now.

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought the WS-2902D & plan to put it up this weekend. What an upgrade from my old station!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread