Homemade detector stand for Whites

taterbill

Greenie
Apr 3, 2015
Inexpensive Detector Stand....for Whites detectors. Recently came up with an idea for an inexpensive detector stand, that works great on most Whites detectors. I used a 6" plastic spring clamp. Removed plastic pads, & trimmed up the clamping ends.... & squared off the ends of the handles. I used just a cheap hand saw . Found a piece of 3/4 " or 7/8" I.D. vinyl or rubber hose (laying around garage),... cut to about 2" long, & then slit length wise. I snap this on detector rod just in front of battery box. Then snap clamp on rod, with handles facing down. This holds detector up off ground by at least 1 inch. The rubber hose keeps clamp jaws from scratching the detector rod & helps keep clamp in place. The upper tips of the jaws stick slightly above the battery box, but don't touch my arm.
I've used this on my mx5 for 2 weeks, & works great. Is easy to put on & off. I've snapped it onto my mxt allpro, & although it's close to the coil connection, it will work.
I bought the 6" clamps at the local Arc thrift store,....two for $1. I've now got 2 clip on stands for $1. The 6" spring clamps seem to be about the right size. I will try attaching pictures.
.......taterbill

Attachments

• 1450474674090.jpg
    1450474674090.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 437
  • 1450474690120.jpg
    1450474690120.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 199

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used