Honda GC190 6hp Motor - What pulley to run air? Any good keyed pumps out there?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya everyone;

I got a screaming deal on a Honda GC190 6.0hp motor tonight, only paid $48 dollars and she starts up and runs perfectly.

I know its not as good as the GX series but when your running on a budget you use what you can. :)

First off I would like to put air on this rig, a nice Gast 263 is exactly what I want.
I know that I need a 2 1/2" pulley for this but I am not sure about the shaft.
From the looks of it, ProLine sells a 2 1/2" Pulley for the 5/8" keyed shaft, can anyone confirm this?

I also am looking for a good pump that will fit the 5/8" keyed shaft, I know most are threaded but I have heard that there are a couple good pumps out there that use the 5/8" keyed shaft. Does anyone know where I can find these kind of pumps?

Also, if you have a Gast 263 for a decent price, please let me know. :)

Thanks everyone.

-Eric-

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neo - screaming price deal on that motor, way to go. AzViper or Goodguy and a few others of the "build it yourself" group will chime in soon, be interesting what shows up. Have fun with the build and best of success once its up and running!!................63bkpkr

principedeleon

Oct 22, 2013
There are various but available on the market i think the P180 from keene is whats common on most 4" dredges .

While on a budget like you are i took a 3/4 hp gast compressor and converted it with a pulley. It only cost me 100 dollars. It was sold as is. I didnt care the motor was burnt out even tho it look like it was in good condition.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info everyone.

I think the Keene P180 is a threaded design though.

John suggested a Lovejoy adapter which I am going going to start looking into.

Pump wise right now I am looking at the Proline HP400 and the Keene P180 for possible options.
These are just plans for down the road if and when we get dredging back and of course going to OR.

Most importantly right now is getting air on this thing, A T80 would be ok but a Gast 263 is what I really want. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what I thought, so what type of lovejoy adapter do I get to make those fit?
Is it possible just to swap the shaft?

I don't mind if I have to swap the shaft, I was going to replace the timing belt, plastic cam and adjust the valves anyways.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
That's what I thought, so what type of lovejoy adapter do I get to make those fit?
Is it possible just to swap the shaft?

I don't mind if I have to swap the shaft, I was going to replace the timing belt, plastic cam and adjust the valves anyways.
Neo, measure each shafts for their diameter, they maybe a metric measurement (check tobe sure!) then goto a hardware / home supply, etc. and mix/match the ends for what you need. when you do this, make sure you buy several of the rubber "spiders" that couple these two ends for repairs if/when you need them! you wont need to buy the biggest diameter coupleing to make it work!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Give mark Keene a call. They can make a pump for your keyed shaft. They did it for me early this spring. Basically, they have uncut impellers waiting for final machining.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh, well crap that's easy then! :D

Thanks guys!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are welcome. Knowledge is power!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread