Honesty Leads To Dump Bank Loss

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Dumped 1K of dimes today at a Bank of The West and total came up $11 short. I normally do not call out loss if it is $5 or under, but $11 was a bit much so I let them know there should have been exactly 1K in bag. Teller was very short and stated, "well that is what it reads, so that is what you get." No big deal as I can live with $11. She then asks how I can be so sure on count to which I reply that I look through coins to try and find old ones as I am a collector. She tells me that since I am just looking at coins and dumping them on them they will have to start charging me in the future. I would have understood if I was getting all the coins from them and turning around and dumping them a day or two later. I have never bought from this bank and only dump there once every 2 months. Not a big deal as I have many other banks to dump at, but I thought it was odd. I guess if I told her I had a vending route and this was my profits, she would have been ok with it?

Upvote 0

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
MentalUnrest said:
I guess if I told her I had a vending route and this was my profits, she would have been ok with it?

Probably. Then again, I doubt they'll remember you come 2 months. Hell, in 6 months I pretty much see a totally new lineup of tellers at any given bank.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Just go to another Bank of the West branch I have an account there and have been banned from 2 branches for dime dumping by b**** managers even though I never dumped more than $500 every 2 weeks.The other branches are cool with me dumping every week or so just these 2 had nasty old bat managers , find a another branch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread