Honey Im Home!!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Honey I'm Home!!

hey ya guys and gal CRHers,

Back from surgery and I finally feel well enough to drop a post. Not to mention my computer got hacked right before my surgery. woke up in pain and wasn't thinking quite right and some guy calls me on the phone and stupid, stupid me, I let him on my computer. Ugh!! Stopped right before I gave him my credit card information and took my computer to get cleaned. a lot of malware on it. I normally are super paranoid about this kinda thing but they got me right at the worse time. They said that my computer had been sending reports to Microsoft about being slow and stuff and it sounded plausible. Definitely wasn't!! But i got my computer back thankfully, credit cards and checking accounts all switched over.

And now I am trying to get well enough to go back into CRHing. I need something to get my mind out of the depression ditch. Found out that I have Uterine cancer and I have to wait till thursday to find out how far along it was. Hopefully they got it and it didn't spread but something tells me, since this has been going on for 10 years, I waited too long. My phobic fear costed me a lot.

So I am throwing the idea around whether or not I want to stop by my pickup bank and try to get a couple of rolls of nickles. doctor's orders, no heavy lifting, IE anything over 2LBs. So I am wondering if I want to wait another month before trying to do any hunting, or just do a couple of rolls at a time. Decisions, decisions.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope everything works out for you GL. Cancer sucks. If you can search some rolls and obey Drs orders and not overdue it, it might help keep you from worrying too much. I wish I could teleport a Lincoln cent I found to you. It's stamped Get Well.

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Praying you thru GL. Hate to hear it. I say hunt...if you can't get out...have someone bring you some rolls...special occasion!

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GL,

We will keep you in our prayers. Good luck with everything.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope you get a clean report there GL, we have had to deal with family members with cancer too, prayers and thought be with you GL. HH, Maverick.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Praying for you GL. CRH would help if you can swing it I'd say. Good luck and I hope your rolls are solid.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
well found out thursday that I have Stage 3C uterine cancer. I have to go for radiation and chemo therapy. Ugh, I searched online and they say the survival rate for stage 3C is 47%. Blech! but i ain't going to let this keep me down. I have too many books to read to let some stupid cancer get me. I am just wondering if i will loss my hair. I have heard that happens with chemo therapy. My freind said her cousin had chemo down and she didn't loss her hair. I hope that I don't. I can't imagine working with the public with my hair falling out. embarrassing doesn't even cover how I would feel. well hopefully tuesday me and my brother might be going to town to get a new toilet. Ours bit the dust. I hate those low flow toilets. We have a 4 inch wide tube but the toilet was poor design and constantly keeps getting clogged up.

on the diagnosis note, doctor wants me to go on a diabetic diet. so far, I have been eatting small portions and not as frequently because I am not moving around so much, I have lost 8 Lbs in 2 weeks. Well 8 Lbs down, 150Lbs to go. LOL

Sincerely, GarouLady

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking about you and was praying for good news for you and your family. I'll keep you in my prayers. A positive attitude goes a long way. Stay strong.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
Garoulady I would not let percentages of survival get you down. There is only one that matters and it is yours. The rest is simply statistics and we all know about statistics. Survival rates are what we doctors use to discuss prognosis. There are many advances that occur during a period of say five years and so those looked back on to give a prognosis must have been treated five years ago. It doesn't describe survival early vs late in the five years examined. Some live much longer than say five years and some even wind up disease free.

The treatment for uterine cancer especial stage 3 which implies there is mets to lymph nodes is chemo and radiation. Chemo generally attacks cells that are dividing most rapidly. This is why it gets people's hair etc.

It is important for you now to try to remain as positive as you can and live as healthy a lifestyle as you can. It's sounds obvious but this will help you the most through the difficult road you have ahead of you. The mind is a incredibly powerful healing tool.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and try to keep your head up and the coins flowing.

If I can be any help to you please feel free to ask. I am also located in Michigan.

Hugs,
HH

Dr C.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GarouLady, keep up the good spirit, you'll surely be fine if you have the mindset to keep positive and look at the plus side of life. I really hope you get better, also, don't worry if you lose your hair, that is only a small price to pay to live longer... I would live bald for the rest of my life if that meant I would never die from cancer. Cancer sucks, I've lost too many family members to it in my lifetime... Don't be embarassed about losing hair either.
Stay strong,
Buffaloboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread