HONOR FLIGHT - For WWII Vets

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings, Everyone, The following is from an email.

This is a trailer for a full-length documentary about Honor Flight.

It is only 2 minutes long and you need to view the whole thing to be counted.

It would really help if you watch it and send it to other folks who would enjoy it.

SHOW YOUR THANKS to WORLD WAR II VETS by watching this 2 minute video.

I was # 4,189,665th person to watch. Enjoy.

http://media.causes.com/1060527?p_id175378540

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
There has been many 'Honor Flights' out of Springfield,MO.It's great to see the greatest generation honored finally.

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
This is such a great way to honor our WWII vets. My Dad flew off the USS Essex in the Pacific in the war. I wanted to take him to the memorial but his health wasn't too good and we never got to go. I was fortunate enough to give him the opportunity to fly in one of the planes like he trained in when he first enlisted. It happened to be in the small town he lived in and I arranged for him to take a flight. It was a two seater so I just assumed he would go along for the ride. My heart almost came out of my throat when the plane flew by and I saw Dad at the controls (he was 77 and had long ago given up his pilots license). When that plane finally landed and Dad got out he had the biggest smile I have ever seen in my life. It was one of those priceless moments I'll never forget until the day I die. I have a picture of him with that smile in a frame with another photo of him beside his Hellcat he flew off the carrier and I swear it's uncanny how happy he is in both shots.
My sisters and I had him put into the archives at the memorial and when I was there after his death I looked him up and was just so proud again to be his son.
God bless you Dad and all our vets!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread