Hoo Knows? Mr. Owl Knows!!!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey peeps,

Well, started the day with plans to hit one of my sites dating back to the 1700's. Was all packed and got on the highway here in NJ. About 3 miles later I hit a wall of traffic. Literally bumper to bumper. Completely stopped. Took me 40 minutes to drive ONE exit!!! Heard on the radio there was a big accident about 2 miles from where I was and the highway was all backed-up. Decided to call off the old site for the day. Got off at the first exit and was going to drive back to my pad to re-work my plans when I spied a nice-looking park right after I got off the highway. Decided to give it a shot. Very glad I did!

The hunt started off quite slow for the first hour or so. A bit later, I got a mixed signal on my MXT. Was bouncing from the 50's to the 70's. Dug down not even an inch and out popped the owl charm in the pics. It is HUGE (who would wear this thing?!?!). It is for sure the nice jewelry piece I've found in a while. There are no markings on it that I can see, though it appears to be silver. The only bad thing is a few of the beads around the eyes are missing, but, other than that...a gorgeous piece.

About 15 minutes later I got a VDI in the 70's. Turned out to be a neat little Township of Nutley NJ employee tag. My last good target of the day was a cheapo ring that was about 3 or 4 inches down. Finally, pulled in about two bucks plus in change as well. Was a fun day in the field. Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0037.jpg
    DSCF0037.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCF0038.jpg
    DSCF0038.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF0039.jpg
    DSCF0039.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 433
  • DSCF0040.jpg
    DSCF0040.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 433
  • DSCF0041.jpg
    DSCF0041.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: very cool finds wtg , once again it proves you just never know what your gonna dig

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, that is an interesting looking piece of jewelry. I wonder "WHO" lost it ;D Sorry, I couldn't pass that line up :laughing9:

trhunter1

Oct 28, 2007
St Joseph County, MI
Detector(s) used
Eagle Spectrum II / ETrac / Excalibur II
spartacus53 said:
Nice find, that is an interesting looking piece of jewelry. I wonder "WHO" lost it ;D Sorry, I couldn't pass that line up :laughing9:

I'm thinking one of the old Hooter girls!

Nice finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH trhunter1

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like Small pearls to me. nice digs MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread