Hooked again...

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here. I had not detected for years, with my EX getting mad every time I went out. A few weeks ago I got bit. By the detecting bug that is. I dug out the only detector I kept, a Bounty Hunter Tracker 3. I have always been interested with old maps and locating old towns and houses. I had found an old house located in the middle of a field that dated back to the late 1800's early 1900's. All I can say is my El Cheapo detector did good. I was out there for 5 hours. Found and dug every hit I had. More nails than I know what do to with. A few relics nothing real important. While detecting an elderly gentleman stopped and asked what I was doing. He said he remembered as a kid the old house and out buildings being there. He told me where the old corn crib stood, where the barn was, and where the animal pens were including the chicken coope. Well all I can say is that man gave me valuable info. While I was running over the area around the chicken coope I got a strong hit. dug down around 9 inches and hit a metal box. it must have been someones life savings or something. Here is the list of what was in the box.

1878 Morgan Dollar
1921 Morgan Dollar
1908 Barber Half Dollar
1899 Barber Quarter
1901 Barber Quarter
1916 Barber Quarter
1913 Barber Dime
1916 Barber Dime
1905 V Nickel
1912 V Nickel

I Thought I was going to wet myself. The next morning I was scanning out in front of my rental house. it is an older house that belonged to my landlords Grandmother. I got $2.36 in new coins and also a 1942 Walking Liberty Half Dollar and a 1935 Mercury Dime. I do not have a digital Camera. I am going to borrow one and I will post pics for everyone. I can honestly say i am hooked for life, AGAIN....

Upvote 0

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's definitely the way to fall off the wagon and get addicted again..............

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Awesome finds!! Make sure to get a pic of the box it was found in ;) What kinds of relics did you find there?

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well Junior.............first of all, Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the greatest hobby on earth!

I just want you to know that I have wet myself just reading your post!! :-[

Congratulations on an awsome find! Thanks for sharing!

HH,
Moon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!!!,,, Great find, WTG!!!
I found a small cache of silver myself this weekend.
I was wondering, being in a box, what kind of shape the nickels were in?
All of the nickels I find are a reddish rust color, did them being in the box keep them from deteriorating?
Good luck & happy hunting~

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Wet pants, dizzy spells, heart attack or stroke. Those all come to mind with a find like this. If you haven't already, post this again under Cache Hunting.
Spotz

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to the hobby! You must be an extreamly lucky person.Looking foward to the pics,great job!!HH :)

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Junior; ain't you glad you dug out the ol' detector again?...
if you dont go you wont know..

way to go man..... Good job...

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sounds like you fell off the wagon, this a solid silver trampoline, and bounced right back on again! Keep it up!

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
WOW!. finding a cache like that is a dream come tru (well mine anyway). That's incredible that you found something like that. congrats and a picture are a MUST! :-X

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread