HOOKED FOR LIFE

Jul 11, 2017
LAKE CITY, FL
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I was asked about metal detecting and what do I get from it. I am learning a great hobby and how to use your equipment. Finding a place to MD and getting your first find. The idea it is just me and my Garrett just prodding alone and listening to the different tones. It is a great excise, walking, bending over, on the knees, back up and swinging your arms side to side. lol. Really, the mental relaxation from the day and things that take place. It takes my mind off of everything and I am having to stay focused on the different tones and the physical well by taking in good fresh air and seeing the creation the Master put into place. Now when I hit a good hit then I will add the great finds. I know from today on, I will be able to add to this daily in my journals. God bless and have a great weekend

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly...! My job can be very stressful, I can be n the verge of a meltdown and all that stops as soon as I gear up...by the time I've got the pouch and knee pads strapped on, my blood pressure drops to somewhat normal...and you're right, I don't have to find any mind-blowing items, but it sure is a bonus...Ddf

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm focused on the coil,, I tend to go somewhere else. Can you guys understand that?

I totally do, I forget to eat and drink and sleep and before i know it i've been out digging for 4 to 8 hours

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the obsession, To some it's just a hobby, but to me and others, it's a way of life. :headbang: A bad day detecting is better than a good day at work. I have yet to have a bad day detecting though yet being in the FB equiopment business , this is the most stressful time of the year for me. You will see me swinging the coil for the next 2 days for therapy.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheaper than a therapist, makes more sense than a shrink. Detecting is the best therapy out there, and a history lesson thrown in free to boot! How could you not want to hunt?
And let's not forget! You can go out & chop the beejeebers out of a root to get all your frustrations out & not go to jail for assaulting said root.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I was asked about metal detecting and what do I get from it. I am learning a great hobby and how to use your equipment. Finding a place to MD and getting your first find. The idea it is just me and my Garrett just prodding alone and listening to the different tones. It is a great excise, walking, bending over, on the knees, back up and swinging your arms side to side. lol. Really, the mental relaxation from the day and things that take place. It takes my mind off of everything and I am having to stay focused on the different tones and the physical well by taking in good fresh air and seeing the creation the Master put into place. Now when I hit a good hit then I will add the great finds. I know from today on, I will be able to add to this daily in my journals. God bless and have a great weekend
Again, I think what sums it up best, is a quote from Andy Sabisch in his Quattro & Safari handbook, it being, "The most valuable thing I have ever found while treasure hunting is piece-of-mind".

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Each night I lay my head down on the pillow and go off detecting at a future unknown permission. I dig and retrieve.....ZZZZZ.....works wonders. Out actually detecting (45+ yrs of digging dirt) I can say good-bye to all life's issues and play the what is the beep game in my head. Full open, hear everything has a way of keeping life away-until the thirst is overwhelming, the hunger is ripping at the guts, I see the truck parked at the edge of the site, oh I wish it was closer then I could get a drink or bite to eat. Oh I wish I was so rich I had a drink caddy following me around so I wouldn't waste anytime walking that two minutes to the truck! :)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started this "hobby" back in 2008 it was to add silver coins to my treasure chest. Well, how my perspective has changed since my beginning stages of hunting. As many have already stated in this wonderful thread life can be stressful. Mine certainly is. When I gear up and hit the field, all my blues go by by.:wave: It matters not where I am or what I find. My mind transcends from my troubles to is that a zinc penny or an Indian Head? Pull tab or nickel? Ya' know, this is the greatest stress relieving past time I can think of. Everything about it is healthy as far as I know. Just don't get bit by a deer tick and get Lyme's. I have a few friends I can hunt with but, I mainly get off by myself and reconnect with my spiritual side while out on the hunt. I guess you can say I am "ground balancing" my soul when out tecting. Peace out and enjoy this wonderful past time.:hello:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not philosophical about metal detecting. Like any other hobby it allows me to relax. It has also led me to coin collecting and coin roll hunting. Unlike other hobbies, treasure hunting of all types, holds out the potential of finding something special with each beep. It's like opening a Christmas present with each hole dug.

My greatest thrill comes when after finding a ton of zincolns or trash, I find a ring or a toy car or silver/gold.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been at it since age 12 - 1975
will probably die doing it - would rather go doing something I like