Hooky Day @ the Garage.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Played hooky today as my CV-Command Vehicle had a cracked exhaust manifold needing replaced. Brought my gear and pillaged the neighborhood sidewalk strips around the shop but, only managed clad. I did eyeball a folded up one $ Bill along the curb so it was not all wasted time. Of course as with most of my vehicle repairs things went a bit off course with a stud snapping off and the threads in that hole needing tapped out to a larger size. Good mechanic got her done though and I went off to finish the day hunting a park closer to home. Got swarmed by skeeters but, managed a 1928 I think Buffalo Nickel in this hunted out park. I also got my 4" 12 pound "cannon ball" back from my neighbor. He did an excellent job on the electrolysis and even sealed it for me @ no charge. Love my neighbors.:headbang: So I had a good day and my CV is purring again instead of growling. Catch ya'll on the flip side. Kurios1

002.jpg 006.jpg 009.jpg 014.jpg 020.jpg 021.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg 024.jpg

Upvote 20

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent !! Good post....Cannon Ball looks great !!
Congrats on the very old nickel..!!!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the Buff and the cannonball looks awesome

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting and historical - my favorite combination! Congrats!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job getting that stud out at least it looks like it was decently accessible, could have been a lot more work!! That cannon ball is SWEEEEET!!!!! Thanks for the post Nice Buffalo also I think I have 2 and that's it for me they seem elusive...

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds and repair!!! :icon_thumright: That cannonball looks amazing! You really must have some great neighbors!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds and repair!!! :icon_thumright: That cannonball looks amazing! You really must have some great neighbors!

I used to be quite gregarious. I know BIG word. Now I seem the opposite and prefer seclusion. I am glad I have finally stepped out and met theses neighbors. They are really cool. The gal is an artist, loves carpentry, budding blacksmith and is making some knives currently. The guy loves researching for sights to explore and find Indian artifacts out in creeks and fields. He's a gun guy and is just getting into reloading and making some AR15's from "80%" stock. He collects cast iron pots, pans, dutch ovens, etc. That's some of the stuff he uses his electrolysis set up for. Fascinating folks and kinda' have a similar respect for our past history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread