Hoot owl trees

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D Tammahawk... glad to help u out... Hoot Owl Trees are really Indian Trail Trees... they were called HOOT OWL TREES by KGC/Outlaws, cause out West (TX, etc.) they used the old HOOT OWL TRAIL... there were many kinds of use for these trees... for use in Virginia.. MARKER Trees, SIGNAL Trees, TREASURE Trees, MESSAGE Trees, BOUNDARY Trees, etc. To learn more about the USE of trees... BEST site is: http://home.net/~trailtrees Indian Trails of Georgia - Info, Photos, & FAQ by the Dyer family... in terms of "reading" the trees... THAT is outta my league... u need someone like Hillbilly Bob Brewer to "train" u... ;D

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
What's this one? Natural or manmade curves? This thread is a HoOt!

Attachments

• bent02.jpg
    bent02.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,137

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: HAW! :D That is just a vine... seen many by Shenandaoh River... do engine search on 'Net" INDIAN TRAIL TREES Site done by Dyer family in Georgia is WONDERFUL! KGC just used em as HOOT OWL TREES out WEST... in Tx, NM, etc om "Hoot Owl Trail"... ;D

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I was looking through some hiking pics and I got some potential pointer tree's but They are on 35mm film and I don't have a scanner. It'll be a few months before I revist some of them but when I do I'll get better close ups. Jason

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! ?Rebel here: ? ???? ?:o ?The addy above was WRONG! ? Thanks, ?Tammahawk... SORRY! ? Just do engine search on "net": ?INDIAN TRAIL TREES OF GEORGIA... and get ahold of HILLBILLY BOB BREWER to teach u how to read "Tree Maps"... ;D

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I'm not! Into the KGC!
? ???? I'm just curious!? ????
So!
Can anyone give me an authentic Historical Reference to them ??
I have an Excellent? &? Official? ? :-X? Civil War Research Source!
The likes of which you wouldn't believe!
? ?:o
So! I should beable to look up any authentic source!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread