Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful birds they are.
I have a screech and a Bard on the property.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have screech, barred and great horned. I had a problem with rabbits in the past. Way too many. I put up a post in my pasture with a nice perch on top. The owls took to it and I see them come to it just before dark. No more rabbit problems.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have screech, barred and great horned. I had a problem with rabbits in the past. Way too many. I put up a post in my pasture with a nice perch on top. The owls took to it and I see them come to it just before dark. No more rabbit problems.
I watched a great horn one early morning perched on the neighbor kids play ground set eating a little bunny. It was dropping pieces of flesh and guts around the play area. They're kind of messy eaters.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We heard a lot of owls in past years, its getting less and less we hear them, Here is an owl in the back of our cabin. View attachment 2123408
These Great Horned owls do pretty good around here and certainly growing in numbers. I believe all the development and growth on the Colorado front range has maybe improved things for them by corraling their prey in more concentrated areas of residential back yards, parks and open spaces. These are a few of the pictures I've taken of owls we have around here.

Attachments

• owl 2.jpg
    owl 2.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 8
  • walk 092116 4.jpg
    walk 092116 4.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • bike ride 102116 1.jpg
    bike ride 102116 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • bike ride 101717 2.jpg
    bike ride 101717 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice calendar pictures
Thanks for sharing

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the past 50 years my number one ay to spend time enjoying the outdoors was to go deer hunting . Archery ,rifle or even hunting shed deer antlers I was in the woods trying to see some deer and than just take it from there. Due to the act that I made a concerted effort I had my fair share of success But than again success did not mean I had to find a large shed antler or kill a large buck Success was more often having something happen that you would have never expected to happen One time I got into my tree stand in a large silver maple tree. before daylight After it began to get a little lighter I picked up my bow and was alert for any deer movement I heard movement in the tree straight above me I realized there was a big racoon about 15 feet higher up the truck than I was The coon intent to go down the tree and made a move to do just that As many of you know thy are not good at headfirst Decents down trees But this was past me without any issues So it surprised me to have that coon in the same tree as me In similar fashion I have had hawks and owls swoop across the forest and land right where i was set up in my stand On more than one occasion I feel the bird saw me move and believed I was food and at the last second realized I WAS NOT food and moved on The reason I kept going back to hang on the side of a tree in all types of cold and bad weather was because I just never knew what might happen next But I believed it should be worth my effort to go and see And that long lone some call while it was still dark was music to me .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread