Hope the person that lost this is okay!

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had about an hour to dig a few holes at a really trashy party spot before it got too dark to see. I got a crazy loud 86 hit that showed to be about 6-8 inches deep. There was also many other targets in the same spot showing as iron. After digging the hole all I found was a bunch of pull tabs, rust bottle caps, crushed beer cans and rusty nails. The 86 disappeared on me so I double checked the hole and dirt pile before filling the hole. By now it was pretty much dark so I headed to the car. I emptied the trash from the pouch and figured the 86 must have been one of the bottle caps. I picked up the washer and rubbed some dirt off and noticed a triangle with writing on it. I just knew I hit the jackpot with some exotic coin or something

Well it's something alright. A quick search on the web and I find out exactly what I've got. Turns out it is an eleven year sobriety coin from AA. Considering the location where I found the coin at image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I sure hope the person that lost it is ok.

Upvote 5

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's not the coin that makes them be sober. They get those on their AA Birthdays.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
unless I dig one myself, I will never own one of those:occasion14:

Jasonlwirt

Sep 15, 2014
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Ace 150, garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really tells a story doesn't it. Sad!

OP
OP
B

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the coin that makes them be sober. They get those on their AA Birthdays.

Yeah I figured that was when they got the next one. My concern was I found it amongst beer can trash. Hopefully they were there fishing or helping someone else and not a relapse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread