Hope the trend continues

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like gold and silver are still moving up. Dollar was up today too. That happened quite often at different times during this bull market.

I think as long as the stock market keeps doing OK, so will PMs. The reason for that is in this current bull market, most of the big moves have been due to hedge funds and institutional investors buying to ride the wave up. When the stock market gets hit, those same large buyers bail on the PMs to offset losses from the stocks and capture profits. Many pundits feel the continuation of money printing, QE, etc, will favor stocks so that should help PMs at least for now.

If we get another financial fiasco like in 2008, we will probably see PMs take a big hit too. But if/when we have another such event it could also lead investors to PMs since they are thought to have more intrinsic value than pieces of paper. I think if there ever is a big rush into physical metals for whatever reason the prices will explode. Back in the last PM bull market (70s/early 80s) they didn't have all these other investment vehicles for PMs like they have now. I don't know if all these other ways to invest in metals siphons off funds that would otherwise be going into physical metals instead? :dontknow:

Just my random thoughts.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not moving fast enough for me, up or down, it's a roller coaster but I'm still buying either way. I think this month something is gonna happen, what I don't know. That's the politician in me. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Oh, something will happen alright. During an election year, there is always an "October Surprise"......something to promote the existing office holder. The "October Surprise" is normally a non-earth shattering event that the pols (politicians) exclaim, "Don't change horses in the middle of the stream."

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking more of this month seeing they put out the figures for strong jobs growth last month (January) 243,000 where they get the numbers from beats me. :laughing9:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marchas45 said:
I was thinking more of this month seeing they put out the figures for strong jobs growth last month (January) 243,000 where they get the numbers from beats me. :laughing9:

Yes, the gymnastic events the government uses makes my head hurt. So there were 2.5 million less jobs in Jan than Dec? But a million or so jobs that went away were seasonal jobs, to be discounted because they never existed anyway? The whole time people are falling off of payrolls and unemployment so they will represent a reduction in the total workforce somehow? And corporations say that only 20 something % plan on hiring this year = a booming economy?

The only thing it adds up to to me is; manipulation will hold down PMs until either people wise up. Or the market really does start to improve(this whole 3 years has been a scam covering time waiting for the natural tide of markets, while installing a levee), or interest rates skyrocket.

Stymie

Greenie
Jan 12, 2012
Niagara
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only thing it adds up to to me is; manipulation will hold down PMs until either people wise up. Or the market really does start to improve(this whole 3 years has been a scam covering time waiting for the natural tide of markets, while installing a levee), or interest rates skyrocket.

This is exactly what is happening. Manipulation. The rich people are putting their money in PM bigtime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread