Hopefully a future CRHunter...

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at TD earlier today using their coin counter and was dumping some halves.. This kid is watching me and he is like.. are those half dollars? The teller says yes.. He's staring at them like candy... Asks a few questions and I separate a clad and a 69 I found on Friday... Gave him a quick lesson and let him keep that 69.. He was very thankful. Reminded me of me when my mom's partner introduced me to my first silver quarter... cried a little seeing that half go but I'm sure I'll see many more where they came from..

Upvote 0

scottw

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 40 will come back to you tenfold. Nice work!

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just what we need, someone to get to all of the coin rolls before us... Just kidding! Good job teaching a kid about a wonderful hobby. The man upstairs is smiling down upon you now!

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 40 will come back to you tenfold. Nice work!

It sorta did. I picked up $450 CWR yesterday and found 2 90% and 14 40%. 400 belongs to a larger pot of 1300 CWR that bank told me it was dropped off by a lady. At first I thought dump and I opened up a roll and three silvers popped out.. I already called bank and made arrangements that I'll be stopping to collect the other rolls. Idk what to get the tellers though as a treat. One female teller and rest males that look like gym junkies... any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated...

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sorta did. I picked up $450 CWR yesterday and found 2 90% and 14 40%. 400 belongs to a larger pot of 1300 CWR that bank told me it was dropped off by a lady. At first I thought dump and I opened up a roll and three silvers popped out.. I already called bank and made arrangements that I'll be stopping to collect the other rolls. Idk what to get the tellers though as a treat. One female teller and rest males that look like gym junkies... any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated...

Can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good story hope the remaining $900 turn out for you!

As for the tellers, maybe some Michelobe Ultra :occasion14:

Cracks me up every time I see those commercials of the young professionals working out then having a few beers afterwards

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing tangerines . "Halos" $4.00 a bag at Giant. They are a hit for those trying to eat healthier! I traded one for a 67' half yesterday and we both feel like we got a deal lol

OP
OP
Oquario79

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So update on the rest... I picked up 970 CWR and found 6 more 40%. Was I expecting more. Well yes but I am happy with my findings. I did leave tellers my name and number and they will keep me in mind when have large amount of havles dropped off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread