Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last spring I sold one of my cars. When I cleaned it out I found a coffee can in the trunk filled to the top with silver dimes, I had been going to take them to one of the gun shows I go to because there’s a guy who sets up there that makes silver belt buckles from melted coins and I wanted one. For whatever reason, I never made it to the show and forgot about the dimes until I cleaned out the car. I remember that the lid was a bit sketchy so I took it into the house and taped the bejesus out of it with duct tape. The problem is that now, a year later, I’ll be DAMNED if I can remember where in blue blazes I put it ! I’ve nearly taken this place apart looking for it with no luck yet, I simply cannot remember where I put it. So, here’s to hoping I can post a big story in this forum someday !

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be glad to come and hunt for it ... Let me know when you are not going to be home...

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m seriously thinking of going to get hypnotized

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or a hundred years from now somebody will have a great find!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going to offer to help you look but djackson beat me to it. Did you look at any of the dimes? Were they all Roosevelt dimes?... or a mixture of Rosy, Merc & Barber? Also I’d hate to see a 1916d Merc melted down into a belt buckle!! Yes that would make an awesome post, looking forward to it... Ddf.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last spring I sold one of my cars. When I cleaned it out I found a coffee can in the trunk filled to the top with silver dimes, I had been going to take them to one of the gun shows I go to because there’s a guy who sets up there that makes silver belt buckles from melted coins and I wanted one. For whatever reason, I never made it to the show and forgot about the dimes until I cleaned out the car. I remember that the lid was a bit sketchy so I took it into the house and taped the bejesus out of it with duct tape. The problem is that now, a year later, I’ll be DAMNED if I can remember where in blue blazes I put it ! I’ve nearly taken this place apart looking for it with no luck yet, I simply cannot remember where I put it. So, here’s to hoping I can post a big story in this forum someday !

Bruce, sorry, had to move your thread, "Todays Finds" is reserved for actual finds made today or very close to today.

Last edited:

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Look near the bucket of nickels.

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold your treasure tight, there are leprechauns are all over the place this week.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, I was feeling bad enough thinking I’d misplaced roughly $350 in silver dimes, and then it occurred to me that the stinking things are worth at least $10 on the dollar. To answer dirtdigginfool, it’s a mixture, all “64” and older with some of those other ones mixed in, the dimes before the mercs.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My dad was a coin collector, he used to buy bags of coins at the bank and sort through them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread