Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detecting and prospecting season is over for me. Getting cold here in Canada ;p
In the meantime Im planning on purchasing some better tools for the trade.

I saw this Hori-Hori tool on Ebay and it looks great, but from what I've read over the last couple of months on forums - Lesche sounds like a popular tool too. Whadda ya think? :)

Thanks for your time.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a similiar digging tool by Treasure Wise that you can find on the online auction sites. It has the same blade design as the hori hori tool...it has a blue handle and comes with a real nice leather sheath also......you might give it some thought if you look it up..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Treasure-Wise-3...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item562f267cdb

Copy and paste this link. This is what I have. I really like this digger and it is pretty sturdy too.

Actually Jimmy Sierra of Whites detectors used to sell the same digger with an orange handle and I had one of those originally............It had a very tiny crack in the blade when I got it and did not realize it and eventually it got bigger and the blade finally broke. I looked and looked for another one but I had not luck until I found this on ebay.

The lesche brand seems to hold its own also.....If my current digger messes up on me I am going to get the lesche hand digger. I have heard alot of good reviews about it and if you take your time you can find one at a decent price now. Tim

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i got my lesche hand digger on ebay for $45.00 that was the tool nylon sheath and shipping then 2 days later i ordered the lesch ground shark 48inch model shovel for $75.00 total good tool and good for nosey punks that get to close to my $1,200.00 giger counter why does every one think they are giger counters eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww that makes me mad when they wanna look at with there hands i had a kid try and grab and run i had my trusty side kick with me she clipped him at the knees and said dont mess with my daddys whites machine she will be 10 on thursday already5 feet tall and wearing a size 7 shoe womens she is on here as sassydigs

OP
OP
GioTheGreek

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hahaa,

Awesome stuff guys thank you very much.

I ended up caving in and ordering a Lesche from a Canadian retailer... along with a beach scoop.

I could've made my own beach scoop but it was one of those impulse purchases. It looks like I've been blessed wth some unseasonably mild weather tomorrow. I'll have to make due with this lil digger I have for now. I think its for transplanting plants.

Ole possum, I'm still laughing hahaha! Clipped him at the knees. lol

Next on the list is the ground shark by the sounds of it. :)

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300,Whites Pulse Scan TDI, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
I have a Hori Hori It is stainless steel, it will cut a nice plug but it bends at the handle and they are very sharp. I use a Predator Raptor for heavy hand digging and a small short handle Predator pointed shovel don't know the model. It has GRL-2003 stamped on the back of it, work great.
Stick to the Predator tools you want be sorry. Make sure they are Georges tools and not ww or w&w some thing like that.
HH
C

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
I have a Hori-hori with a wooden handle and a stainless steel blade. I've used it for three years and it's never let me down. Great for cutting through roots, too. I think the Leschi has a guard between the handle and the blade that might make it easier to use more pressure on really hard ground, but the Hori is my favorite. Really sturdy blade, and streamlined so it fits right in my apron pocket. Also, kinda scary looking and if anybody makes me a little nervous, I just make sure they see it, and no one ever bothers me. !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread