Horner Military School Button, Civil War Token, Coins, Bullets & Relics!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time this weekend & made some great finds! I went to a late 18th century plantation Friday & a Civil War camp Saturday. While checking a new field near the camp we stumbled on a couple bullets & a pretty productive home site (long gone). My best find was the Horner Military School button, it's been on my bucket list for a while! I recently loaned the county museum 3 items from the school for the bicentennial exhibit & guess I will add this to it! The Civil War token is a first & also a very cool piece of history. The banjo tensioner is also a very neat find. I found a nice assortment of bullets, coins & other relics as well. Can't wait to do it again! horner.png civtok.png banjo.png civsir.png mycoings.png injuns.png sash2.png sash.png my_stuf.png injun.png my_stuf_eh.png

Upvote 14

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that was a nice unt! Those are some relics and coins anyone would like finding:thumbsup:

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment. Love the sash buckle.

Thanks! Both were very mangled when I found them (one almost in a "ball"), glad I took the time to carefully bend them back into shape, they turned out nice considering!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice digs and the always impressive post and pics. :occasion14:

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer group of finds. Love the pics and descriptions

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome that you dug a Horner School button. They don't show up very often and I know how much you wanted one. Congrats!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Josh! You got a lot of really nice stuff over the weekend. Congrats.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome that you dug a Horner School button. They don't show up very often and I know how much you wanted one. Congrats!

Thanks! They say if you buy one then you'll find it! LOL.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice variety of finds,very sweet button.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time this weekend & made some great finds! I went to a late 18th century plantation Friday & a Civil War camp Saturday. While checking a new field near the camp we stumbled on a couple bullets & a pretty productive home site (long gone). My best find was the Horner Military School button, it's been on my bucket list for a while! I recently loaned the county museum 3 items from the school for the bicentennial exhibit & guess I will add this to it! The Civil War token is a first & also a very cool piece of history. The banjo tensioner is also a very neat find. I found a nice assortment of bullets, coins & other relics as well. Can't wait to do it again! View attachment 1279177 View attachment 1279178 View attachment 1279179 View attachment 1279180 View attachment 1279181 View attachment 1279182 View attachment 1279183 View attachment 1279184 View attachment 1279185 View attachment 1279186 View attachment 1279187

Sweet Finds Magnum ....
Lot's of Cool Stuff.
Great ID on the Drum piece as well.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread