spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I prefer reading nonfiction, I do like to delve into the horror genre once in a while. Here are my favorite 3 authors and a little reasoning behind the choices.

1- John Saul - Great storyteller, fast paced, good endings. I am just waiting for him to move away from adolescent children as his main topic of focus.

2- Steven King - Don't get me wrong, King is a great storyteller, but I feel that most times his endings are a letdown.

3- Dean Koontz - Very good storyteller, decent endings, but I find him to be a bit wordy at times. (over descriptive)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Gotta go with Dean, OMG he is the best, he can be wordy, but we like that, we love the descriptions he gives, and he NEVER fails to scare us, his latest totally rocks, could NOT put it down!!!!!! :icon_thumright: Red :headbang:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then you should try John Saul, I think you may like him better than Dean too. Don't get me wrong, I read plenty of Koontz too.. I just feel sometimes he goes a bit overboard on the descriptions.. Believe me, when reading sometimes less, is "more".

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allen, I would suggest a trip to the local library and picking up one of his many books and give him a try. I As far as storytelling he is right up there with King and Koontz.. The biggest difference is like I have mentioned.
1- He has real and solid endings... no wondering what happened next like with King
2- Very descriptive, but not overwhelming like Koontz sometimes is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread