Hot City Park hunting, stay in the shade of course!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used a shallow recovery technique during this hunt. Have been practicing using my screwdriver like tool that has a cupped end. This park has lots of pull tabs and screw caps, most are shallow 2 to 3 inches. Have gotten pretty speedy at recovery, I don't dig every pull tab signal but try some of the nickel and lower signals occasionally. Early on in the hunt the silver earing turned up, it is marked 925 on the hanger. The sound of this was different it sounded more like two signals than one. Got a fair number of two-bit pieces, some were clustered around a swing. During the last part of the hunt I had a signal that seemed really strong that my Whites pin-pointer would not register. Stuck my tool in a good ways and pried up and a yellow bracelet popped up out of the dirt. My heart skipped a few beats there for a bit. After the excitement wore off a bit I washed it off with some water. It became evident this was just heavy plate of some sort. Still loved finding it tho!

Attachments

• 7_01_2011 MtCPark.JPG
    7_01_2011 MtCPark.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0

ridger12

Apr 4, 2005
Sandy Ridge Pa
Detector(s) used
Minlab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a good pile of coins you got there! I never tried a screwdriver for recovery though. The Leche digging tool is about the least invasive digging tool I use. I use the Leche pick and then move up to a military e-tool for more remote places. I may try the screwdriver the next time I hunt on somebody's lawn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread