Hot Wheels Super Treasure Hunt!

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello, This isn't really a yard sale find, but a store find. I was shopping in a store and looking through the new hot wheels cars when I found this 2010 hot wheels Baja Bug Super Treasure Hunt car :headbang: Paid only .99 cents, as is the price for most Hot Wheels, and took it home with me. Listed it on E-bay and it sold for $21.00 dollars :icon_thumleft: I have bought three other Treasure Hunts before this one, but they were all regular ones and won't bring much over 2-3 dollars on a single auction. Take care and Thanks for reading :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

Attachments

• IMG_1917.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,780
  • IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1918.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 6,342
OP
OP
pganjon

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello and your welcome :icon_thumleft: I would also like to point out, for those who don't know the difference :dontknow: A regular Hot Wheels Treasure Hunt car will say Treasure Hunts on the side. A super version of the same car will say Treasure Hunt$ with a dollar Sign in place of the S. (see second picture!) Also these cars or trucks are made a little better with better wheels and more detailed looks. A fellow e-bayer was kind enough to pass this information on to me and I want to share it with all of you :icon_thumleft: Merry Christmas everyone :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Glad you found it, in our area active collectors have "insiders"..usually their kids/wives watching for them as they stock store shelves and slip a call to that person.

Sweet little car you got. :thumbsup:

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pganjon said:
Hello and your welcome :icon_thumleft: I would also like to point out, for those who don't know the difference :dontknow: A regular Hot Wheels Treasure Hunt car will say Treasure Hunts on the side. A super version of the same car will say Treasure Hunt$ with a dollar Sign in place of the S. (see second picture!) Also these cars or trucks are made a little better with better wheels and more detailed looks. A fellow e-bayer was kind enough to pass this information on to me and I want to share it with all of you :icon_thumleft: Merry Christmas everyone :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:
That's a good tip. I'll look for that $ when I'm in the toy section.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread