House foundation with Idaho Hunter & my backup machine

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
House foundation with Idaho Hunter & my backup machine

My Quantum is in the shop, my F70 was sent back on Friday, my Compass is acting strange.......so I just got my Radio Shack 3300 back from a friend who has had it for almost 4 years. When I 1st got it I took it out & learned it, found some rings & lots of clad, great machine for the $100 I paid for it. So Me & Kent (Idaho Hunter) went to a property where the house has been torn down & only the foundation remains & the yard is overgrown. We found a lot of cars, Kent dug up a cool WW2 plane with the prop still intact. We both found cheap rings but y'all know what I say.........a ring is a ring! The white ball is an old gear shift knob! I started out feeling quite inadaquate using the 3300, Im used to a "higher end" machine but I got to tell you this thing really did very well! I think I'll keep it in the 'Burban as a cherished backup when I get my other machines back. :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• good day.jpg
    good day.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 653
Upvote 0

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: House foundation with Idaho Hunter & my backup machine

It's the man, not the machine! Looks like you did well!

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II

Lotta goodies there! :icon_thumright:

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA

I LOVE that tag you found! and is that an egg??? :headbang:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great outing Mighty Man! Just got back from CTH3 and your donated digging tools were a great hit on the prize list. Thanks again. I gave my RS 3000 to a little guy who needed a detector. I saw him at the CTH3 and he was using another machine. So I asked him where the 3000 was. He said it was broken. I said," How the heck did it get broken"? and he replied,"The batteries ran down"! I got a good laugh out of that. But I think that little machine is pretty darn good considering I got mine for a hundred bucks when they were on sale at RS. They run over $300 now I was told. Anyway, sorry you couldn't join us at CTH3 as we really missed you. Monty

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Thank you Monty, giving your machine to a kid is a great gesture on your part! :icon_thumleft:
Me & the Queen have talked about it & we would really love to make the the next hunt! Im still waiting for the hundreds of great pics to start filtering in & have struck deals with several people to post pics of Gypsy!!! These deals cost me a bit but I did it for the gentlemen of TN!!! :D :laughing7:
Monty, I hope to meet you at the next hunt! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread