House Sells for $1.75 on Ebay/worth detecting!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man ill bet that yard is trashy! :D :D pretty cool story though. :wink:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would not buy a home without a title search and inspection no matter what they were asking. You could wind up owing more then the house could ever be worth.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I wonder what the neighborhood looks like around it. Interesting little house, though.

She must pay about $850 in back taxes and yard cleanup costs.

house.jpg

Jay

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturna said:
I wonder what the neighborhood looks like around it. Interesting little house, though.

She must pay about $850 in back taxes and yard cleanup costs.

Jay

If it has an underground oil tank that could be a huge expense if it is leaking.

YoungGunTHer

Apr 28, 2008
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
You'd be lucky if you didn't dig up any needles, get robbed, or got caught in a gang war cross fire. Remember do your research! Where the right colors! :D

Young gun

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
most homes in the north either use propane, natural gas, or fuel oil, they didn't bury the tanks

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Sniffer said:
most homes in the north either use propane, natural gas, or fuel oil, they didn't bury the tanks

Not necessarily true ! I had a house here in WI that had a buried fuel oil tank. Before I sold the house, I had it removed and certified "clean" by a state-certified "tank remover".

Now, there's a guy makin some money. He and his wife each drove a truck w/ a long flatbed trailer. You provide your own excavator. For his (not-so-small) fee he validates the removal and the state of the surrounding and underlying soil, and hauls the tank away. Between the two of them they had about $6,000.00 worth of tanks on their trailers for a single days work..........................

Had the soil beneath the tank been contaminated (leaking tank) my costs to 'remediate' would have been horrific. Thankfully, that was not the case.

Diggem'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions