How about a Minelab Excalibur for 62% OFF?? Feels like treasure to me!

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thread from yesterday... So I pulled the trigger today! What I found... Minelab Excalibur II hiding in the Cabela's Bargain Cave.

What I knew yesterday...
price marked $599.09 (MSRP $1599.00)
box was tattered on one end

What I found out this morning...
Unit is brand new/never used, all internal packing & seals in place
No damage of any kind to components of box
Despite writing on price tag, policy is still 30 day return on electronics (had manager sign sales slip)

Already registered and battery charging as we speak! 20150407_112533.jpg 20150407_123142.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dang I would have snatched it up too! Mothballed it for future use or used it for motivation to move to the beach. Congrats and enjoy.

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very pumped here!! Been dying to spend more time on the beach...life has gotten in the way. This helps change the game a bit.

Xilfie

Mar 25, 2015
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Pro-Pointer AT.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow, that is one heck of a deal. I paid more for a used one :BangHead:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score... if you do not like it after using... let me know if you wanna sell.

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice deal!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great deal!!!!, I came across a excal II a year ago. Friend in Connecticut called me and said check a local listing...sure enough 550...almost new, bone stock, one hour drive and I gave her 600.oo just because...

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great deal!!!!, I came across a excal II a year ago. Friend in Connecticut called me and said check a local listing...sure enough 550...almost new, bone stock, one hour drive and I gave her 600.oo just because...

Funny story...I bought my DFX several years ago through a Craigslist post. We exchanged about 25 emails and I felt enough trust to go forward. Machine was 2 years old but only had 4 hours use...he got frustrated with the learning curve and stuck it in the closet. Original asking price was $450...he tried it out before packing to ship and backed out of the sale after saying it was making all sorts of strange noises and he wasn't comfortable selling me a machine that he thought was now broken. HE WAS EXTREMELY ADAMANT (both about the machine and not wanting me to pay so much money for a broken machine) I was certain he was not GB properly and he was simply too disinterested in the rig to take any suggestion. My last appeal to him was tinged with a "little white lie". I said White's would refurbish the machine for maximum of $100. Sell it to me for $350 and when I receive the machine, I will either get it repaired or make a donation to the charity of his choice for the $100 difference. He agreed.

Got the machine which was in PERFECT condition, GB and found my first coin in under 10 mins... The Widows and Children's Fund of The Patrolmen's Benevolent Association of the City of New York got a $100 donation the next day!

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Great machine and awesome price

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread