How about a really cool Zippo!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Found in the woods, you never know what will pop up in those places.
I love digging everything but for some reason lighters and pocket knives have always been two of my favorites.
Any kind in any configuration, shape or form.

I have been lucky enough to find a lot of lighters in my time, an old Ronson from the 40's and a new butane version too, two slip wheel lighters probably even older, many disposables and other odd and end types but only one other Zippo...a chrome slimline.
This is number 2 and way cooler because you actually couldn't buy it in 1994 when it was manufactured.
This is a full sized lighter offered in the Marlboro Country Store, the only way you could get it was by sending in enough UPC codes off the packs of their cigarettes.
Plus it has a bronco busting cowboy on it!
It is brass and tarnished to heck but I will tumble it a bit and scrub it till it is a little cleaner then these two lighters plus a few others go back to Zippo where they will be perfectly and mechanically restored to working order.
Then I will keep it or probably ship it to a friend who collects lighters...he will appreciate it.

"It works or we fix it for free!"...and they mean it.

Love finding handy and useable stuff that can be restored and given a second life.

Attachments

• photostudio_1487373610410_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    photostudio_1487373610410_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 75
  • $_57 (1).jpg
    $_57 (1).jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 5

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big fan of the Marlboro and Camel Zippo lighters. Nice find!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have never returned my Zippo's. All have been found underwater and over 70 of the critters. I did sell a bunch at a yard sale. Nice find.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find..
Still on my bucket list