How about a sub-forum for old books?

Marvin

Dec 24, 2010
Western Burbs of Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a book titled "Chicago's Highways Old and New" that has drawings, maps and descriptions of old Indian trails, stage coach trails and river routes through Northern Illinois and into the adjoining states and Southern Illinois. The book was published in 1922 and is an interesting read aside from the wealth of possible leads for hunting sites.

There has to be some other great books out there like this one. What are some of yours?

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That book sounds very interesting. I would love to find a copy not for use in detecting rather just to learn the history of the a reA and travels of people.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under "My Favorites" forum is a "book" forum...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions