How about this site?

Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
This is in a surprisingly suburban area (well.......a rurally suburban area).

I've been doing a heck of a lot of local research and know that this site is among the originals sttled in the town. I know that the original house was rebuilt upon the same spot (I don't know when....but it was looong ago). There is a TON of development going on around this building (a CVS pharmacy is literally right next door). There is a $40million dollar high-school being built behind it. there is a large shopping center caddy corner to it and the corner across from it is getting developed.

This old home seems to be hanging on. It's an 'eyesore'. It won't be around much longer.

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

And I'm trying like HECK to get Google Maps to recenter on top of this location cuz I'll share it.......but I can't seem to make that happen. How do I re-orient Google Maps?!!?

Anyway - how old do you think this structure is? The windows (glass) looks awfully nice.....but he rest is well worn!

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is without a doubt one nice place to hunt. it has alot of potential for old coins and maybe even relics. good luck and happy hunting :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gary in Pennsylvania
Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
OK......here is the map location.

Yeah - I'd prefer to have a first crack at it (I understand the risk of posting the location).....

But if you look to the next structure south of it - it is gone. Demolished. The next 'structure' is a cemetary. And next to that is the Covington Township Police Department & municipal building......only about 400ft away.

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=41.306978,-75.513239&spn=0.000889,0.002071&z=19

It's the small structure on the right hand side of the road with the tree shadow touching it.

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Hey Gary, I know this place well.
I''ve been wanting to hit that site where they demolished that house near the police station for a while now.
Problem is, every time I've been near there, I either didn't have a detector with me, or I didn't have the time to detect. lol.
I usually pass by there a few times a month. I have a good friend who lives less than a mile from there.
One of these days we'll have to hook up.
You ARE in a good area, with lots of history, and some OLD houses.

OP
OP
Gary in Pennsylvania
Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
The Buzzard King said:
Hey Gary, I know this place well.
I''ve been wanting to hit that site where they demolished that house near the police station for a while now.
Problem is, every time I've been near there, I either didn't have a detector with me, or I didn't have the time to detect. lol.
I usually pass by there a few times a month. I have a good friend who lives less than a mile from there.
One of these days we'll have to hook up.
You ARE in a good area, with lots of history, and some OLD houses.

Well good luck if you manage to hit it before I get at it!

And I dunno where exactly you live......but I have dozens of spots earmarked for MD'ing all within a few miles of this location. There are a few that would be better searched by more than one hunter.

I'll have to PM you when I get my detector and maybe we can hit some spots round here together!

-

OP
OP
Gary in Pennsylvania
Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Philvis said:
Gary,
Have you decided on a detector yet?

Yes.
White's MXT with a 10" EXcelerator DD Coil.

I'm just waiting on my tax return to roll in as that is funding the balance. I already have 3/4 of necessary funding.

I wait ANXIOUSLY!

-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread